My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

sing we noel

William and Mary both had Christmas concerts in December.

Mary is in the TIS choir, and she goes to choir practice early morning three days a week.  She came to me wanted to join the choir, and she is have a great time doing it.  They had their first concert in December, and we made it a family event. 

We all bundled up and headed over to the High School to support Mary.
I was blown away with how good the choir was!  I knew there were a bunch of kids that can sing in the choir, but I was so impressed with how well all of the kids could hold their own notes with all of the different parts, get the timing right, do the dynamics and stay on pitch.

It was actually a really fun concert, and the choir did a great job!  I was so proud of Mary for wanting to be a part of the Encore Choir and for always being willing to try new things.

I hope she sticks with choir for years to come.  They is always so much joy in singing.

William's concert was also a family event.  We all bundled up again and headed over to Heber Valley Elementary to hear the 1st graders perform.

William was so adorable.  He would wave every once in a while, or flash his twinkling grin over to us.  They sang songs in Spanish and English.  It was so cute to see all of their little hand actions, dance moves, and visual aids.  It is amazing to hear these little 6 year olds singing songs in a different language.
As William was singing Silent Night in Spanish, I realized that he can now sing that song in 4 languages.  He knows it in English, Spanish- from school, and he knows it in sign language and German- from primary.
How cool is that!!!

William has always been a musical kid.  He can memorize songs very quickly, and I catch him singing to himself all the time.  He has shown a lot of interest in learning to play the piano, and I plan on starting him this year.  Dang, he is such a cute kid.



No comments: