My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

christmas 2016

Christmas morning, the kids were up bright and early, and calling me, and 6:00.

We told them they couldn't leave the room when they woke up, but they had to call us with Mary's phone.  That way they didn't see everything on their way down to our room to wake us up. Perfect!

I went upstairs to find all of the kids so excited they could hardly see straight.  We said a prayer and made sure we remembered the true meaning of Christmas, and then after I had come down and turned the lights on and had the camera ready, they came down the stairs.

There is nothing more joyful to me than to see my kids faces when they come down the stairs, and go through their stockings, and give and receive heart felt gifts.  The magic in the air is tangible.

We had a wonderful Christmas morning.

Molly is all girl...and I love it!  She got babies, chapstick, play shoes, sunglasses, and all girly stuff. It was a blast.

Sam opening his E Revo RC car


Luke's pirate ship

William opening Skully...his RC car

 

Molly's favorite gift is her "jump jump".  She would jump all day if she could..and she has come close.

Mary got a king size Charleston Chew...but her favorite gift was a make up kit and a camera lense set for her phone

Luckily, this year, Christmas was on Sunday, so we were able to go to church after all of the Christmas morning shenanigans.

I lot of people complain about this, but I love being able to go to church on Christmas Day.  It was really special for me to bring my family to church, and have all of us feel the spirit, sing Christmas songs, listen to testimonies, partake of the sacrament, and just feel the true joy and meaning of Christmas.  It is the perfect way to celebrate Christmas in my opinion.


After church, we spent the rest of Christmas setting up games, toys and electronics.  We played games, hung out, at yummy food, took naps, and just enjoyed the day.

It was indeed a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: