My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

new traditions

I love traditions, and I believe that they play a huge part in tying families together and always having things to look forward to that are special and meaningful.

I have carried on a ton of traditions from my family that my children now enjoy, but I have also wanted to start some of our own.

This year, on the evening when the First Presidency of the church did the Christmas Devotional, I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls for us to eat while we watched the devotional.

The devotional started, and I handed out the warm cinnamon rolls, turned on the Christmas lights, and we all listened to messages about Christ and Christmas.  I loved how it felt in our home that evening with the warmth of the cinnamon rolls, the warmth of the house, and the warmth of the message we were hearing, and I decided that cinnamon rolls during the devotional will definitely be a new tradition.

Another tradition I decided to start was setting up a puzzle during holidays. 
I guess I am not really starting it, because my family does that too, and did that when I was growing up, but I had decided not to carry that tradition on.

This year however, I had a random desire to do a puzzle, so I bought a couple, and just kept them out for a few weeks, working on them here and there.

It was so fun!  The older kids would walk by and start working on it every once in a while, and I noticed that it kept me occupied and helped my calm my mind when the stress of the holiday started getting to be a little to much.

Our Elf on the Shelf, Joey, even got in on the puzzle action one night, and finished one for me.!
The notes next to Joey are Ben's and Luke's Christmas gift requests from Santa.  Joey took them to the North Pole and gave them to Santa that evening.

 Definitely a tradition that will be a keeper from now on.
 
This has nothing to do with this post at all, but I just found this picture and I love it so much, I had to get it on here.
 
Luke and his buddy Luke Phillips were absolutely headed to the north pole with gifts of tools, nails, tape and paper for all!
 

No comments: