My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Monday, January 4, 2016

christmas prep

Getting ready for Christmas is usually around a 3 month endeavor for me.  For the most part, I really enjoy it.  It is all part of the season, and it is fun for me to try to think of the perfect gift for a family member or friend, to go shopping with all of the Christmas excitement in the air, and to make yummy treats to take to neighbors and friends.  
 
The last two weeks before Christmas can usually be a little nuts though.  Remember, we have a certain someone's Birthday in there as well. :)
 
Poor Molly would feel a little neglected at times, with her mommy running here and there, and when I saw this, my heart melted! Molly LOVES books, and was following me all around one day begging for me to read to her.  I was in the middle of baking treats, and when I looked up, this is what I saw!
Sammy is such a kind hearted brother. 
 

This was the last big shopping trip of the season.  This precious girl was done!

 

During one day of running a lot of errands, Luke was watching a guy at a store refill a toy machine.  Luke was right next to him, checking out the mechanics of the machine.  The guy looked at Luke, and then handed him this stuffed Christmas toy.  It made Luke's entire day!  He squeezed it like this the whole way home.  I love nice people!

 


Mary requested oreo truffles for her Birthday cake again this year.  It is also the treat we take to teachers and neighbors.  This year I made 300 truffles.  And if that isn't already a lot, my mixer is broken and my blender couldn't blend the oreos.  I mixed ALL of the truffles by hand.  I had arms of steel by the end of the day!


I wish so badly that this picture wasn't blurry, but oh well.  This is what Molly did while I was baking.  She loves to sit in small containers, so she pulled out this Tupperware and looked at a book.  She is the cutest bookworm ever!


 

No comments: