My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

the littles

For the past 11 years of my life, I have always had at least one "little" with me here at home.  It is usually two, the youngest two.

Luke and Molly are the littles at the moment, and after the craziness of getting the older three out the door to school, we get right down to business, doing little people things.

As usual, we went to the gym, where they go to the kids club, while I have my daily therapy session with the treadmill, the weights, the elliptical, or whatever my body and mind so desire.

Today, after my workout, I got a free pass for a smoothie at the gym's drink bar, so I got the little people, some little drinks.

They LOVED it!


Then we went to the store to grab a few thing, where the little people, got the little shopping carts, just their size.  It is so adorable watching them push these all over the store.

Then it was home, for the little-est to take a nap, and for Luke and I to do about a million puzzles, read some little people books, and snuggle up for some little people shows.

When Molly wakes up, we usually have a little people snack, play with toys, and await the arrival of the older siblings.

Sooner than later, there will come a day where I no longer have a little person here with me at home all day.  A little buddy to spend my afternoons with, doing little people things.

There are days when part of me looks forward to that, but then there are days like today, where I am just happy to have little people in my life, and don't want this phase to end.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm glad today for little people too!