My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Friday, August 29, 2014

38 weeks

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant.  I had an OB appointment today as well.

They did another non stress test on baby girl, and she passed with flying colors.  Few!  She is still measuring small, but now they are wondering if she is just short.  Luke was short, so this wouldn't completely surprise me.  I just want her to be healthy, no matter how long or short she is.

The test also picked up my wonderful contractions I have been having on and off all week.  It was nice to see actual proof that I am not just moaning about nothing.  There was no denying the line that would spike up and back down, then back up again. Now, if only the contractions will become consistent and stronger...

I also had the pleasure of the doctor "checking" to see if these contractions are doing any good.  That is always oh so fun.  (please note the sarcasm here)

I hate it when women walk around telling people how dilated their nether parts are, and how progressed they are.  I don't think people really care or appreciate knowing that much info. about just anyone's cervix.

However, this is my blog, and someday I may want to remember this, so skip this is you want to.  I don't blame you at all.
I am 4+  centimeters dilated, and 80-90% effaced.  The baby's head is also already engaged.  That would explain why I have been extremely uncomfortable sitting down for long periods of time lately, and literally have to waddle in the mornings for a while after I wake up.

The good news is that I am more than ready to give birth at any given time...according to the doctor. 

The doctor seemed thrilled to tell me this news, and basically told me that she has not had a patient more ready to give birth than I am right now.

Unfortunately, the bad news, is that I have heard this all before, and have never gone in to labor on my own.  I walked around at a 4 and 80% effaced for two weeks with my last pregnancy, and still had to be induced with full Pitocin before Luke even attempted to come.  Pretty much the same story with the others.  I think I must have a full 5 star hotel in my womb, because my babies cling to it like it's the best thing in the world to be folded 5 times over, smashed in between organs, and getting your head squished over and over and over again with Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks on end.  They literally have to be forced out kicking and screaming.

 The only new thing this time, is that the baby's head is engaged.  With the others, I dilate early, but the baby's head is still high.  This time, baby girl is already very far down. This gives me a little more hope of an end being is sight sooner than later.

We also set up an induction date.  Monday, September 8th will be the big day (10 days from now), unless the miracle of blessed relief comes sooner.

So, there it is.  I have one more OB appointment in a week, they will do another non stress test on the baby, and check my progress again as well.  Dr. Sabella seemed doubtful that I will make it to that appointment still pregnant, and even more doubtful about me making it to the induction date, but I insisted that I will most likely be there.  Let's hope our little girl proves me wrong.

I guess we will see......


No comments: