My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, August 23, 2014

happy birthday to me

This year, for my Birthday, I asked for backsplash in the kitchen.

As projects seem to be going around here this summer, there were lots of unforeseen delays, and issues, so it has taken a little over two months to get it completed.

With lots of help from our neighbor Mike Phillips, who is a tile guy, we finally got it finished today!

I am THRILLED with how it turned out!  I absolutely am in love with it.  It looks amazing!

It looks cozy yet elegant.  Perfect.

I was so worried about the color.  Nothing in our house, that is color, is permanent.  We kept all of the major things like stone, floors, walls, counter tops, etc, all neutral colors.  I was worried about picking the color of the tile, and then not liking it later. I decided to go for it though, and I am so glad I did.

It ended up working so well with the colors in our kitchen, and I have no regrets! 

Before:


During:
These pictures show the actual color of the backsplash pretty well.

We actually ripped out the granite that went up the walls, and put it in the window sills.  It looks great!

 
The finished project!

Sorry for all of the light reflecting off everything.  It was hard to get an accurate picture.







 Ta da!  Happy Birthday to me.
  I LOVE IT!

No comments: