My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"flowers"

We are on day two of Mary and Sam being in school.  I am now the sole provider of entertainment for William and Luke.

So far we have played Lego Star Wars sword fights with our lego people, had light saber battles, built train tracks, let Luke vacuum everything, gone to the store, and watched movies. 

It has rained for two solid days, so we have been trapped inside.  It has actually felt a little like winter, which I am really not ready for.  We need the sunshine and to play outside as much as possible, for everyone's sanity. Hopefully, we can get out to the park soon.

All of this playing with Luke and William has already bonded us a little closer though.  Granted, it is not always easy for me to get on the floor with my big belly to build train tracks, or to maneuver gracefully while sword fighting, and we have already become bored throughout the day, but we make do.

 I am trying to utilize the time together with William and Luke before preschool starts next week for William, and the baby comes in a few weeks.

I guess William is really appreciating the gestures, because this morning, as he was playing with Legos, he told me to close my eyes.  When I was told to open them again, he said, "Here are some flowers for you mom."  He had a big cheesy grin and was holding out this lovely bouquet for me.

Love it!

No comments: