My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, August 7, 2014

the master bedroom

I finally got up the energy to paint, wallpaper, and 1/2 way decorate our bedroom.  This is the first time I have actually done our bedroom.  I have always wanted to, it has always just been down on the list of priorities.

With all of my nesting going on, it wasn't hard to get excited about it.  The hardest part was choosing the colors!  It took weeks, but I am happy with it!

So, here it is.

The bed is not done yet.  I am ordering some adorable pillow shams and decorative pillows, as well as some matching throw blankets.  Don't look at the bed right now, I will post pictures when it is all done.

I bought some lamps at Hobby Lobby that I loved.  I also bought the orange geometric fabric.  I just cut it, sprayed fabric glue on the lamp shades, and made the lamp shades.  They are my favorite part of the room!

This was my first time wallpapering.  I was scared out of my mind, but found out that it is WAY easier than painting!  This is the wallpaper I choose, and I think it is adorable.

I had a really hard time finding curtains I liked, but I finally found some online. You can't see them well in the picture.  They are kind of sheer, and the darker orange is what I was going for.  They pulled the room all together.
Those are candle holders on the left.  I am trying to find some cool candles for them.  For now, they are just empty.

 
 
The tray ceiling was a little tricky to paint, and I am probably going to re-paint it a darker orange, but I love how the contrast turned out!

Hobby lobby had about a million cute pictures, frames and décor items, but my budget didn't last through it all, so I just got this for now.  I love it!
It says, "I love you to the moon and back."  It is not crooked, I just took the picture crooked.
So there it is.  I still have the bedding to get, and a lot more small décor items like wall hangings and frames to put on these dressers...

but the main stuff is all done.  I love going in our room now, it is so happy and cozy. 

I am also hoping to find a really cute rocking chair with an ottoman in the very near future!  That is number one on my wish list for the baby.  I have always wanted a cute comfortable rocking chair, and since this is our last baby, I am really hoping we can pull it off.


Next on the list is the backsplash in the kitchen.  It was supposed to be a Birthday present, but because of their lack of inventory, it has taken over 3 months just to get it here.  It is here now though, and I am REALLY hoping to start on it this weekend!

No comments: