My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, April 13, 2016


Yesterday was the day.

The day I have been dreading for two weeks.

Ever since I learned that I needed to have an MRI with contrast, and what it entailed, I have been flipping out.

I am talking cold sores, nightmares, the works.

I watched some videos of it being done to people...bad, bad idea.  They were screaming, yelling, and banging their fist on the table.

And yes, the needle really is 5 inches long going into your groin.  Rock on.

The doctor gave me three Valium to take before the procedure.  One an hour before, and the other two if I needed them.

I was so freaked out when it was time to go, that I popped all three in.

I was in a cold sweat the whole time I was getting changed, and the whole time they were describing what they would be doing.  I seriously wanted to cry.

They finally got me on the freezing cold table, and as soon as they wrapped me up in warm blankets, the meds kicked in, and I finally relaxed.

The doctor told me that first he would do the numbing shot.  I honestly did not feel a thing.    I couldn't believe it.  It worried me that maybe it didn't work.

Then he told me he was going to administer "the needle."  I totally tensed up, but only felt a tiny pinch.  Soon after,  one small jolt as he hit the bone, and seriously that was it!!!

They turned the screen to me, so I could watch them inject the steroid and the dye.  I wish I had thought to take a picture.  It was really cool, and completely pain free!  The dye just slowly clouded around my bone and joint.

When all was said and done, I almost laughed because of how much it did not hurt.  I think I thanked the doctor 20 times.

Next up was the MRI.  All I remember is some weird noises, a very cold table and a small tube.  I woke myself up several times from snoring.  Embarrassing!

45 minutes later, it was all done!

I was thrilled!

I got home, told Ben I was really tired and tried to tell him about the experience.  Somewhere in there he told me I was mumbling and kind of lisping. That was around 5:15pm.

Next thing...I woke up this morning!  Still dressed in my clothes from the day before.

Not kidding.  I remember nothing from the evening.  I do remember bringing kids home from a soccer game, and  Nothing.

I guess I did talk to a few people, and I held Molly once, (according to my family)but I pretty much went right to bed.

So, so weird.  Not a feeling a like at all.  I can't stand not being able to remember thing I do.  Creepy.

This morning, my leg felt great!  They told me it would be extremely sore and painful.  I felt nothing!

So, I went to the gym, my friend Karli, took one look at me and told me I looked completely hung over.  That is how I felt, I guess.  Never had that experience, but I can only guess.  I ran 5 miles, and did 30 minutes on the elliptical, and called it a morning.

The whole time I felt fuzzy and nauseous.  I think I am still working through the Valium.  Geesh.

My leg is still pretty much pain free.  I have a few pinches here and there, but I am truly shocked with how the entire thing went!

All of the freaking out for basically nothing.


I get the results tomorrow.  Wish me luck...lots and lots of it!

No comments: