My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

abscess

A few weeks ago, Mary starting telling us that her gums here bothering her under one of her molars.

I looked in her mouth and noticed a white bubble forming.

We asked our neighbor dentist about it, and he said it was probable an abscess tooth, and to get it removed.

I kind of, sort of forgot about it, until this Sunday at church.

Mary was really complaining of her mouth hurting, especially that tooth.

I whispered to her to show me her gums, and she pulled her lip down and touched her gums.

Puss flew out everywhere!  It was next to impossible for me not to shriek and barf right in the middle of the sacrament.  Mary found it absolutely hilarious, yet terrifying.

I am sure I did some sort of weird grunts and noises in the process though.

The next day, yesterday, it was off to the dentist.

Poor Mary was scared out of her mind, and I don't blame her at all.


the abscess bubble is really hard to see.  It is that bump on her gums in the very corner of her mouth.
 Mary was one tough girl, and pretty soon she was completely numb and molar-less.
gag

I guess it is pretty common for kids to get infections underneath fillings on baby teeth. 
Good to know.

Hopefully a nice, new molar will be filling in that nasty blood filled hole in her mouth very soon.

Good thing our tooth fairy knows exactly what it is like to get teeth pulled at the dentist, and rewarded Mary accordingly.  :)

No comments: