My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, May 3, 2014

luke's wonderland

The other day, I had to go to Home Depot to check out some weed killer stuff.  Yes, more yard stuff.    I dropped William off a preschool, and Luke and I headed to the store.

I don't know why I didn't realize that Home Depot would probably be a wonderland for my vacuum lover Luke, but it turned out to be a very fun trip.

The second we walked in the door, Luke started yelling, "vacuum" over and over again.  We didn't see any, but he knows a place that will house a vacuum when he see's one.  There was no doubt in his little mind that there would be plenty of his beloved vacuums at this amazing store.

As I made our way over to the yard section, Luke saw all of the lawn mowers.  He was literally bouncing up and down in his seat in the cart and shrieking out of joy while pointing to them.  He just couldn't believe how awesome they were.  I let him touch them and look at them, before we moved on.

A few minutes later, as I was just wondering around the store getting way too many ideas for fun projects around the house, a massive forklift went driving by us.  Luke immediately started frantically waving to the driver and begging to follow.

So, I followed the forklift and Luke and I sat and watched as it was used to get a huge crate from a shelf that was up by the ceiling.  Luke was literally frozen in place, and didn't even blink the entire time.  He was in complete amazement and awe.

Next up was the vacuum isle.  There isn't really a way to explain how Luke reacted to shelf, after shelf of vacuums, in all sizes and shapes.  He looked like he was going to explode with joy, excitement, and overload from the whole experience.
I found some vacuums closer to the ground, and let him touch them and push the buttons for a long time.

As I was sitting there wondering how I was ever going to get Luke away from his beloved vacuum heaven, a guy walked by with a big, huge, fluffy dog.  Luke's second favorite thing.

Luke immediately started shouting "Goggy" and waving as fast as he could.  Thankfully, the man with the dog, stopped walking and let Luke pet the dog.  Luke was grinning a hugging the dog like it was his best friend.

After the dog left, I hurriedly went to the checkout line...not to purchase weed killer ( a story for another day), but for sample backsplash tiles.  Yup, my mind works like that at the moment.  Oh, but I have an awesome project in the making now.

At the checkout, there was a huge bin with literally 100's of suckers inside of it.  Luke's 3rd favorite thing.  I let him pick out a sucker in hope that it would distract him from the fact that we were leaving.

He happily sucked on his sucker, until I was almost out the door, and he saw the floor cleaning equipment.  He almost jumped out of the cart himself trying to get to it, so I let him indulge for a few minutes.
the look on his face, a mix of wonder and awe, was pretty much there the entire time we were at the store

We finally left the store, and Luke and I sat grinning on the way home.  Luke, because he had just been to the most amazing place he has ever been in, in his entire life!  And me, because I got to watch my son have the time of his life...for about $1.50 (in backsplash samples).  In reality, something like that is priceless.

It was a great time with my Lukie Luke.

No comments: