My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

projects

Well, even though the weather has been pretty wet the past few days, and I sat in the wind and pouring rain for two solid hours last evening watching soccer games, Spring really has sprung here. 

The sun has been out...mostly, everything is blooming and turning green, birds are chirping, our weeds are almost up to my waist, and the world is coming alive.   I LOVE spring, and I am so glad it is here! 
Along with it, so are my lovely nesting instincts that I get every pregnancy around the 1/2 way point.  That's right folks, I am over half way through this pregnancy! 

Between nesting, and spring fever (which for me means cleaning, organizing, and of course, decorating), I have had an explosion of ideas flowing through my head!  The most I've had since we were building our home.

I have been in a little decorating rut for a while, with the pregnancy sickness, fatigue, and just lack of creativity flow coming my way.  Building the house, and putting in the décor that we have so far, satisfied my décor thirst for quite a while.  I still love our home, and am content with the choices we have made with it so far.

I got a burst of energy on Saturday, and on top of spending lots of hours deep cleaning and organizing our house, every time I walked into a room, I would get flooded with all sorts of ideas, improvements, paint jobs, and organizing I want to do.

I has been so fun to feel that rush of excitement I get when I have an awesome idea in my head, and I start researching and putting it all together.  At this point, I have an overflow of them.  I finally had to make a document with all of my ideas on the computer, so I didn't end up forgetting everything.  Seriously, when I am pregnant, if it is not written down, it does not exist after about 2 minutes.

Building my nest is definitely a big hobby of mine, and something I get a lot of joy and excitement out of.  I don't really know if I am good at it, by other's standards, or not, but I guess it doesn't really matter.  As long as I like it, and feel happy in my home surrounded by our style, favorite things, and my own touch and comforts. My goal is to just make a happy, cozy, safe haven for my family, and those who visit us.  I am not going for a show home, I am going for our home....my nest.

My first big project is going to be putting a backsplash in our kitchen.  I have spent a week watching DIY videos and trying to decide on a color of backsplash.  Picking a color has been hard, but I think I finally found it!

 I decided to go with color, instead of neutrals on this one.  My style is to make the permanent things neutral, and then throw in all the color I want to with décor that can be swapped out or painted over.

This will be the first thing in our home, with color, that is permanent. Eek, I am pretty nervous, but excited to learn something new, cozy up the kitchen with my style, and see how it all turns out.  I will post pictures whenever this project is done, or at least in the works.  It may be a while.

I also plan on doing some other projects as well. Painting a room,  cute wallpaper in a few places, baby's room (happy dance here), nobs on things, rugs, and some bigger projects in the boys room and garage as well.

Of course, we have a yard to put in this spring,  and I don't have a money tree, so this will all take time and saving up.

And lest we forget, I am pregnant, and not getting any smaller, so things could get interesting.  :)

 But, oh, the excitement it all brings.

Happy days.









 

No comments: