My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

zipfizz

The other day, I was sitting at "book club," which is more or less a great reason for a bunch of us friends to get together, eat yummy food, maybe talk about a book we were supposed to read, and chat into the wee hours of the morning about life, when someone mentioned drinking something that gave her so much energy she didn't know what to do.

This friend of mine is about 10 feet tall, 100 pounds, has perfect hair, perfect make-up, and is a model for fitness posters...literally.  She also has 3 kids under the age of 3, her husband travels a lot, she is genuine and kind, and is one of the most down to earth people I know.  She is clueless about her scary look alikeness to Barbie.  If she was about to divulge any kind of secret about how she does it all, without falling over dead half way through the day, then I was all ears my friends...all ears.

For the past 21 weeks, energy has been nothing but a wonderful, far off memory to this pregnant body of mine.  Something I miss dearly, and am excited to have back once my body is done making a human, expelling this human, and then staying up all hours of the day and night to keep this human alive and well fed.

Basically, in about a year, I look forward to getting some sort of energy back.  It will be great, but right now, the sacrifice is well worth it, very well worth it.

Anyway, at the sound of the word "energy," and a way to attain it, aside from drinking copious amounts of addictive caffeine, my ears perked up, and my friend had my full and undivided attention.

One word...Zipfizz.

She gave me one to try, and said that you can get them at Costco.  It is a powder you mix in water and then drink.  It has very little caffeine, and a lot of other vitamins and more natural energy enhancers.  She gave me one to try.  I gladly accepted.

So, two days later, I woke up feeling like the living dead.  I have come to know and recognize this very well, and knew right off the bat that this would be a day of battle between me and the clock.  Literally surviving, trying to keep up with my kids, and watching the hours until bedtime.  All 15 of them.

Perfect day for Zipfizz.



So, I mixed it, shook it up, and chugged half the bottle.

About 20 minutes later, I was on my way to the gym.  By the time I got there, I felt like I was ready to blast out into the world, and run laps around the entire globe.  I was beaming from ear to ear, and thrilled to just be alive.

I set Luke down, knowing full well he would immediately take off running, and I let him.  I chased he and William around, and into the gym.  He and William loved every second of having a mom with energy. I dropped them off at the kids club giggling, instead of slumping them over to the ladies and almost sneaking out to take a nap instead of working out.

I hopped onto the elliptical and blasted through my usual workout like it was nothing.  Usually, the workout almost kills me, and feels like 10 hours.  This time, I was done before I thought I was even done warming up. 

I am sure it was quite the sight.  Pregnant lady, with pregnant tummy, blasting away on the elliptical and bouncing all over the place, cheesy grin plastered on her face.

The only downfall, I had to stop and pee 3 times in 45 minutes.  Rock on.

As I was walking down the hall to pick up the boys, my friend was there dropping her kids off.  I walked up to her, and whispered in her ear..."I REALLY like zipfizz."  She thought it was hilarious, I was completely serious.

When we got home, I chugged more Zipfizz with lunch, and put Luke down for a nap.  Normally at this time, I turn on a show for William, and pray that he will watch it, so I can try to get in some sort of a cat nap.  I am completely done for by around 3:00.  The rest of the day is pretty much suffering and surviving until Ben gets home and provides some relief until bed time.

This time, I played all sorts of games with William, was alive and energized when Mary and Sam came home, and didn't watch out the window for Ben to get home with my face smashed into the glass, and my body slouching on the wall, trying to stay on my feet for a few more minutes to welcome my husband home.

It was awesome.  And then it was bedtime.  No matter how hard I tried, I didn't fall asleep until after 1:00am.  Crap.  The next day was torture.

Needless to say, Zipfizz worked for me.  It doesn't take much really.  One diet coke will wire me for an entire day, and leave me with horrible headache hangovers the next day.

I have since made a trip to Costco, bought some of my own, and have done Zipfizz again, (wow, this totally sounds like I am doing drugs or something) but only half a bottle a day, and only on days I wake up feeling like I never slept.  It has been so nice.  I have energy, but I am not bursting out of my skin either. 

I am going to ask my OB about it tomorrow at my appointment, to make sure it is safe, and if it is...I think I just found my own personal pregnancy manna. 

Hallelujah! 







No comments: