My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, May 22, 2014

the wonderful world of oz

Mary's 3rd grade class, along with two others, have been working on a play for the past several months.  They have learned songs, speaking parts, dancing, and all the other stuff that goes along with it.

Mary has LOVED it!  She has been talking about it for months, and was so excited this week, to finally be able to perform in front of an audience.

They did the play 4 times this week, and we went to go see the final performance last evening.


The play was really well done, and it was cute to see Mary, who was a "Winkette" sing her parts and do the actions.  I could tell she was trying her best and enjoying it.

She has since asked me if she can participate in some sort of community play or musical.
This is all kind of foreign to me, but at the same time, not so much.

I remember, at Mary's age, I would make up plays all the time, and have my brothers act in them, while I directed.  We did an annual Christmas play for a while, and usually did one every time my parents went out on a date, so we could surprise them when they got home.

It is fun to see this little acting bug creep into Mary. 

She is definitely a girl willing and ready to try new things.  I guess I will have to start looking into a community theater!

No comments: