My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ballgame..or just take me out.

Yes, it is 2:30am. No, I can't really explain it. I just feel kind of anxious for no real reason...that I am aware of. So here I am, blogging away. Any typos, weird sentences or things that just don't make sense can be blamed on the time.

Thursday proved to be a very stressful day. It was a "mono day" for me, which means I was EXHAUSTED all day long. By exhausted, I don't mean just sleepy, I am talking barely able to stand up. It was my second "mono day" in a row..which is rare, so naturally the kids were climbing the walls, literally. Not to mention the wonderful ear infections I have been battling for a week now as a secondary result to mono. The penicillin doesn't seem to be doing much this time around. According to the doc. as long as I have mono. (which no one seems to know how long that will be) I am very prone to ear infections, strep throat and pneumonia. Rock on.
wah wah, poor me, o.k. I'm done. Back to the original story.

Ben also had a crazy day at work, actually, a crazy week, and by the time he got home on Thursday, we were both done for.

So...first stop, Qdoba! My new-found favorite restaurant here in the Springs. It was wonderful not to have to worry about dinner. Just getting a full stomach with great food boosted our spirits.

Then, it was off to the ballgame. The timing could not have been better. Ben gets free tickets from his company, so it is even more enjoyable because we didn't have to pay for it. Parking was even free. We didn't have cash on us, and the kind lady monitoring the parking told us to just drive on through. She just said not to tell anyone (and here I am blogging about it). hehehe

It was so fun to sit there and watch some good ol', Sky Sox, All-American Baseball. They are a triple A league, so they are amazing to watch. My favorite thing to do is to watch the MPH sign to see how fast the ball was pitched. These guys are amazing! How would it be to be able to throw that fast. Wow.

At one point in the game, one of the players slammed the ball into the crowd on accident. It went zooming over our heads and tagged a poor guy that didn't even see it coming. It hit him right in the head and dropped him to the ground. We saw him after the game as he was awaiting his ride to the hospital. I sure hope he is o.k.

So, after a great dinner and some baseball, our spirits were boosted and we came home relaxed and ready to tackle one more day. Thank you baseball and thank you Cintas.




I got these pictures with my cell phone. I am pretty excited that they turned out so well.
Ben, Mary and Sam (with his eyes closed) sitting in our seats. We had great seats by the way.


Mary and I. Yes, that is a cold sore scab on my lip. Yes, it is also another result of mono. It is my third so far in a month and 1/2. Bring on the herpes!


Sammy Boy taking notes. I can't wait for him to be old enough to play T-Ball. And no, I don't know why I always get awkward shots of peoples bums.


The kiddos, living the American past-time.


"The Licorice Man." It was all I could do to restrain myself from attacking the poor soul and stealing every red vine he had hanging out of that big bag. See my last post if you are wondering what the heck I am talking about. Lucky for him, I had a purse full of licorice. It is my emergency stash.


The People.


The Game.



Yes, regardless of what EVERYONE seems to tell me, Mary does know how to smile (as does Sam) and she does it quite often (as does Sam). She is actually a very happy and fun-loving child (as is Sam). SHE IS SHY PEOPLE (as is Sam)...BACK OFF!


So there you have it. And to continue with all All-American theme, we are going to have a big ol' picnic (complete with lots of potato salad) tomorrow, provided by Ben's company, followed by a Barbecue with "the good neighbors" tomorrow evening. Yippee! Bring on the red meat. Another great weekend in the making, hallelujah!

4 comments:

Shaina said...

I'm glad your crappy mono day ended on a good note. The way you persevere is inspiring!! I miss hangin' out with you. We've got to get together next week.

Colleen said...

I am so sorry to hear you had such a crappy day(s)! But SO happy to hear it ended so well and so fun! I love the ball park. Baseball is so fun to watch live, and you just get that baseballie feeling.

Hey, you should feel free to call me on any of your mono days. I have two open seats in the van now that the boys are in school...I can come pick Sam and Mary up anytime you are having a "mono" day.

Familia Morales said...

Nice end to a crappy day. Sure hope the mono goes away soon

Erick and Megan said...

Lucky for me I found some licorice stashed in the cupboard! I might have had to break the sabbath after reading your post I needed some so bad!