My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hanks Reunion 2009

After a 12 hour trip (10 hours were spent driving), we made it to Pocatello very late Friday night. The kids did AWESOME in the car, and the trip went really well. It was much nicer than the last time I did the trip. This time we were in a bigger and much nicer car that didn't smoke the whole way, Ben was there, we had a cd player or radio to listen to, and the kids had a DVD player. After my last time making this trip, I don't take these things for granted.

Saturday was the Hanks reunion. My mom's side of the family. It was so much fun to see some of my cousins that I havn't seen in a while. We had a blast.


Some of the fam.
We started the day at Ross park with frisbee, food, swimming, talking and just chillin.'


Mary Kirstine playing with her cousin, Kirstine. They both have a very special name. They also both learned to play frisbee for the first time.


Tyler, Scott and Devin. The three stooges.


Obviously, it was pretty hot, but Sam still had a great time.


Sam would find a balloon, and chase it all over untit it popped. When it would pop, he would burst out laughing. It was hilarious.


After Ross park, it was back to my parents house for a pizza, a program and a lot more games. I LOVE this backyard. It was so much fun to grow up here.



Water Kickball with the big orange ball. It was so hilarious to watch. The big kids had just as much fun as the little kids.


Ryan, Kelsey and Devin. Obviously, Kelsey got a little wet.


Talking up a storm.


The Belnap women.


Grandpa Hanks and some of his girls. He is such an awesome grandpa.



Water balloon volleyball. I think we used up about 200 water balloons.


It was a very fun reunion, and it went by way to fast. We were all exhausted at the end of the day, but our hearts were full and so were our bellies. The time was short, but we lived it up to the fullest!

4 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

Super fun! Looks like you had a great time. There is nothing like family time!!!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

WOOT WOOT!! Man you guys are party animals!! Love it! I am so glad you guys had a good time, and a much needed vacation!! The kids are HUGE!!! And so adorable! I just love it!! Family time is always the best time!! We love you guys!

Colleen said...

Nothing beats time with family! It looks like it was all so great, and balm for the soul!

Shaina said...

I love being with family! What great posts and pictures to remember the fun time. I'm glad you got to rejuvinate yourself.