My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Belnap Reunion

Our week ended with the Belnap reunion in Utah. We got there Saturday morning at joined in all of the games at the church building. After lunch, everyone headed to the Hollywood Connection. The place had a huge bounce house, roller skating, lazer tag, waterslides and a Jungle Room for the little kids. It was so much fun!!!! Mary laughed her head off every time she flew down one of the blow up slides. Sam loved the Jungle, and we even convinced Mary to try out rollerskating. We had a blast there. Everyone had a great time and it was the perfect place for all ages.
We went back to the church for dinner and a program, where those in the family who have passed on were honored. It created many tears, but it was very special and touching.
We were all wasted after dinner, so we called it a night.
Sunday morning we went to my Aunt and Uncles for the testimony meeting. This is my favorite part of the Belnap reunion. The spirit the is there is so thick and strong. The family unity is sealed even tighter and deep feelings and emotions are shared as we all bear testimony of the truths of the Gospel. It is a powerful event.
After testimony meeting we ate lunch and it was time for our family to head home. The goodbye ripped my heart out and I didn't want to leave the tender feelings of being surrounded by so much goodness. We left with heavy hearts and made the long drive home.
We got home at 2:00am. Considering that we had two kids, a dog and three gerbils in our car, the ride went well. At one poing, a gerbil got out of the cage and ran around the car, but that was the only big excitement we had.
I am already counting down the days until the next reunion.

Sorry the pictures are so small, I had to copy them from my mom's facebook page. Our camera wasn't working at this point in the reunion. You can click on them to make them bigger..I think.

p.s are you wondering about our number shirts??? Allow me to explain.
The red shirts are my dad and his siblings. His parents/my grandparents (Kay and Karma) had red shirts that said "K&K Connection" on them. The are numbered from oldest to youngest. Their spouses also have a red shirt. They have the same number, but with an "A" added to it. So my dad is red shirt #4 and my mom is red shirt #4A.
The grandkids are all blue shirts, and we are in numerical order as well. The spouses also have blue shirts with the same number and the letter "A." I am blue shirt #13 and Ben is blue shirt 13A.
The green shirts are all of the great grandchildren. There are over 40 of them, and by next year we will have 50.



Mary's first time Rollerskating!


Me and my siblings.




My family.


The Belnap family.


Games at the church.


Sam playing in the Jungle Room.



Me, mom and Kelsey.



Bounce House.


My family.

No comments: