My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, March 5, 2016

freeride world qualifier at crested butte

Last week, Ben drove to Crested Butte (no, not crusty butt..ha!),  for his first ever freeride ski competition.

I wish we all could have been there and been able to watch the whole thing, but from what Ben has told us, it was a good competition for him.

He was able to pick out a good line to do the day before he competed, and he did a great job on it when it came time for him to make it count.  He wore the Go Pro, so we were able to watch it from his point of view.  It is really amazing how Ben can ski such steep and technical stuff and seem so casual about it. 

He was up against people of all ages, and all levels.  Majority of them had numerous competitions behind them already.

He said he had a good time, he met some good friends, and nobody assaulted him in the hostel he stayed at, so I was relieved.

He finished in the top portion of the bottom third, if that makes sense. 

Ben rocks.

I love this.

and I love him


No comments: