My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

my name is becky, and i am an elf on the shelf survivor

The past several years, I have heard all of the hype of the Elf on the Shelf.  I have read about the fun that the people that have one seem to have. I have read the ranting's of the people that don't have one and are really excited to condemn those who do to hell, I have listened to my kids' endless pleas to have one, and so on.
 
Bottom line, I just didn't want to add anything more to a busy time of year.
 
Until now.
 
I have no idea why, or what could have possibly persuaded me (Sam may have had something to do with it:) ), but on Dec. 6th, our elf arrived.
 
One look on the kids faces, and I knew I had a winner!
 
To be honest, I am having a blast with our elf, who is now named Charley.
 
I crack up when I look at all of the ideas out there for things to do with the elf each night, and it is pretty fun to see the kids reactions every morning when he is in a new place.
 
It actually doesn't add any added stress at all, pinterest does all of the thinking for me.  I just get on there each night, steal someone's great idea, and the elf is done.  Piece of cake!
 
If anything, it had added some humor and some fun to the season.
 
William had to have some convincing.  The elf is SO CREEPY looking!  Seriously.  You know all of those scary stories where the doll comes alive in the night and kills everyone in the house.  Um, this would definitely fit the description.  *shudder*
 
William finally warmed up to Charley when he brought a note back from the North Pole one night telling the kids they were on the nice list, so far.
 
 

Charley spent the night zip lining into a bowl of cotton balls one night.



snow ball fight with marshmallow another night.  Elf vs. nutcracker and imaginext guy


creepy Charley, I mean cute Charley, in his sweater Sam left out for him, writing notes on our bananas.
So there you have it.  I am an Elf on the Shelfie, and I am proud of it.

No comments: