My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

life post surgery

Here is a post-surgery update for those who are interested.

I feel like I recovered much faster and much better than anticipated, which I am thrilled about!

The first two weeks I was exhausted most of the time, though not really in pain.  Just so, so tired, which I was told to expect after this surgery.  I was taking up to 4 naps a day.

At about 2 1/2 weeks after the surgery, I went back to the gym.  I did the elliptical, and even though my guts felt like they were shaking all over and like they might flop out at any moment, and it felt absolutely disgusting, it felt so good to work out again!

I started running a week after that.

I have no pain at all, and haven't had any since the first week, but fatigue is a battle.  Around three weeks, I could make it until about 2:00pm before I just couldn't stay awake any longer.

At a month, I could make it through the day, but around 5:00 I would want to cry, or sometimes actually cry out of being so tired.  The doctor called around this time and told me that the lab results confirmed what he saw during the surgery.  I had adnomiosis.  It is like endometriosis, but instead of being contained in the uterus wall, it was outside of it, inside of it, and also on my tubes.  Big time ouch!  It was a relief to know that I actually did have something causing all of the pain and symptoms, and that I had proof of it. 

Now I am 6 weeks out.  The golden number.  The number where I am told I am a free woman!  I can resume all of my normal activities, and I have.  I am completely back in to running, as well as doing some classes at the gym. 

I am still battling fatigue, but there are no tears anymore, and I can be mostly ok with a good night sleep.

I have absolutely no regrets at all, and I am already seeing the positive results of having the surgery!

I am so glad I did it.

No comments: