My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

lessons from the light house

A few weeks ago, Mary came home with a paper describing a project that she had to do.  She was stressed out of her mind!  She had to cut up some Christmas lights, and using a battery, some duct tape and some brad pins, connect the lights to some kind of house and make them work again.
 
She tried it over and over and over again, and it just wasn't working. 
 
About a week before it was due, Mary had a complete melt down.  The poor girl was stressing about this project, her math class at school, and some tumbling things.  In her 10 year old mind, these things were very stressful and heavy.
 
I felt bad for her, but felt like I just needed to tell her to pray for help, keep working hard and to hang on.
 
And she did!
 
Yesterday, I went to the school for the "light house show."  There was Mary's awesome Eiffel Tower, decorated with Christmas décor, and with lights glowing brightly. So Mary.
 
I was extremely proud of her!
She also told me that she got a 95% on her math test that day, and things were figured out with tumbling.  She was visibly relieved, and looked like she could just fly!

We celebrate with a root beer float from Quench it, and a high five.

Deep down though, I was so proud of Mary for learning a life lesson....never give up, keep on keeping on, and trust in the Lord.

No comments: