My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ski day

Every once in a blue moon, an opportunity presents itself for me to join Ben and the kids for a snow skiing trip.

This weekend presented one of those opportunities, and it was great!

The weather was gorgeous!  The sky was blue and the sun was out.  To me, a sun lover (not heat...just sun), it rejuvenated my spirit that has been suffocating in these dreary, long January days.

The morning started out nuts as we tried to line up a couple babysitters, find some missing ski pants, scour the house and garage for my ski boots, do a run to Orem to pick up Ben's new boots, and unfortunately, be pushed back some time because I got a speeding ticket (my first in 15 years) for going 8 over on my way to pick up the babysitter.  We also never found my ski boots, so we had to spend a while at the rental place once we got there.

But, all of the stars finally aligned, and we were off.

I knew that Mary and Sam have been improving, but I truly couldn't believe how fast they are!  Ben has coached them really well.  They knew about form, turns, and control.  On our first run, I had to put some serious effort in to keep up with them.

They just zip all over the hill looking for any jump they can find.

Ben is, of course, extremely good, and made it look so smooth and effortless.

We had a lot of fun together, and I was really glad I could be a part of it all with them.

Thankfully, just as my feet were screaming for mercy (my rental boots were too small), the kids pooped out as well.  We called it a day, and one well spent.

Someday soon, our whole family will be able to be out on the slopes enjoying the fun.  I am excited for that!

It was a great, sunny, fun day in Park City.

No comments: