My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

conference

We are rarely here at our house for General Conference.  Mainly because we don't have TV, so we are at the mercy of watching it on our computer, or going to my parents house.  We usually go to my parents house, and make a weekend out of it.

This year, I figured out a way to hook the computer up to the TV, and we had a HUGE week and we were all tired, so we stayed here.

I made the traditional sticky buns, and this crazy yummy egg/hashbrown/cheesy/sausage goodness.  We had a feast of a breakfast, and then settled in to watch conference.

Amazingly, the bingo game I made for the kids entertained them the entire Sunday morning session.  I did buy some amazing candy for it though.  I am missing sugar so much lately, so I am living vicariously through my kids when they eat it now.



The kids also did well the day before, during the Saturday sessions.  I was really proud of them.  The rule was that only Conference could be on, but they could be anywhere in the house doing quiet things.  No electronics, and no other TV shows. (I turned up the TV really loud, so it would blast through the whole house...hehehe)  It worked out well.

Between Sunday sessions, I had a HUGE and much needed nap with Luke, and Ben took the other kids on a gorgeous hike. 









Heber is so gorgeous right now, there really aren't even words to describe it.  The canyons, the mountains, the trees, the snow capped mountains in the background, everything, it is all just breathtaking.

I love living here.

Anyway, the kids loved the hike, and came home ready for the last session of conference.

Conference was awesome and so uplifting and inspiring.  I love how it always recharges me and helps me set new goals and gives me hope.  I didn't want it to end.

Our conference weekend here at home went really well, and I think we all really enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: