My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, November 10, 2012

up and down and all around

Last week, it was hoovering around 70 degrees and we were at the park "swing bowling."  The kids made up the game, somehow they think it is fun, William was laughing so hard he was going to burst, and it was a glorious spring like day.


Today there are beautiful silent snowflakes falling, and Heber is covered in a gorgeous blanket of white snow. The view out the window is breathtaking. The fields, barns, horses, rivers, mountains, and trees are all glowing in their own winter beauty. 



This morning, the kids decided to play "santa." And this afternoon we are going sledding, and coming home to eat pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting.  (my one treat for the week, and I am oh so excited) We have a thing in our family, where I make pumpkin bread after the first big snow fall. It is our way of welcoming the season and the beauty and excitement of it all.
 
 
The weather is not the only thing ever changing.  Ben was out of town for work the past two days.  The kids and I decided a trip to Herriman was due. They were going to play with friends, and I was going to finish up Christmas shopping. We were all excited for the trip.
 
I dropped the kids off at friends houses, and they were bursting with excitement, and then I took off for the toy store, all happy and in the Christmas spirit.  And then I got stuck in horrible traffic, and Luke started crying.  The next 30 minutes were rough, and I was anything but happy when we finally got to the store.
 
Once in the store, I found the perfect toys for my kids and I was very happy and excited again.  I am a toy lover, and I LOVE the hunt for the perfect toy for my kids. And then William was missing. A few minutes after looking, he was still missing.  After the store locked all the doors and had everyone searching for him, he was located siting in a power wheels in the back of the store.  I was relieved, mad, happy and annoyed all at the same time.
 
I bought the toys, and headed back to the car. I was happy to have gotten some great deals and to have the shopping pretty much done.  And then Lukes bottle was missing.  I went back to the store and looked and looked and looked. It was never found.
 
I got stuck in even worse traffic than before, and Luke bawled the entire 40 minutes back to Herriman. I was frazzled beyond belief at this point.
 
I rushed the boys into Target battling 30+ mph winds, quickly bought a bottle, filled it up, and started feeding Luke. The silence of a happy baby was wonderful.  I was so happy to find what I needed there, William behaved and was happy, and I was happy again too. Few!
 
We picked up Mary and Sam and decided to make the treck back home.  The kids were happy and we chatted the whole way home.  It was a fun drive. The best quote of it all was "mom, I really love my school here. I love Heber. It just feels so good in my heart to be here."
 
We decided to all snuggle up and have a big slumber party in the living room together, watching movies and eating popcorn.  It was fun, cozy and great.
 
And then Luke got really fussy, and Mary got a horrible stomach ache. William spiked a fever of 103, and the night went from there.  I went to bed a 4:30am and woke up at 7:00.  Not good. 
 
The kids were surprisingly happy (and properly drugged) that morning, so I felt the tension of the night go away, and I got Mary off to school. It was a total blizzard and we were all excited. I even listened to some Christmas music.  Too early for me, but I couldn't help it. I needed the boost, and it worked.
 
I even went to the gym...with 2.5 hours of sleep. Somehow I felt fine.  I blasted out my 5 mile run, at my fastest pace so far and was so happy about that!  I will probably add another mile next week. I also lost 3 pounds in the last 10 days. 3 pounds left to pre-prego weight, and 5 more after that to hit goal weight.  I hopped off that scale elated!  All was well, aside from being loony from exhaustion.
 
I got Sam off to school, got William down for a nap, and got all settled in for a nap of my own.  Nope, Luke decided to be sad. (teething anyone?)  Therefore, I was sad.
 
I picked up the kids from school, and the rest of the evening was nuts. The snow continued to fall, so we were happy. Luke continued to cry, so I was frustrated.  Sam and Mary started fighting, so I got really mad.  Then they all played happily together, so we were happy.
 
 
By the time Ben got home, I was in a half exhausted, loony, stooper, and I think I feel asleep within minutes of him walking in the door.  He was a saint and helped Luke out throughout the night. I think I did feed him at one point, but it is all a blur.
 
This morning we woke up to even more snow. I listened to Christmas music (just for a few minutes)and got all happy and excited again. But, I can't forget Thanksgiving, so I am trying to keep it in check. Then I read a friends blog about how all of her friends gathered around her in a time of need, and for some reason I started crying and yearning to be in our new home and neighborhood where all of the ladies I have begun to meet are.  A few of whom I know will be good friends. Then I got a horrid yearning to be in our new house, so now I am very anxious, but at the same time I am trying to make it due here. 
 
And now Ben has the two youngest at the gym, the older two are at the practice for the Primary Program (which is tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it), and I am looking out the window at the falling snow, smelling pumpkin break cooking, and making an interruption free blog post. Awesome!
 
Pretty much, the past two days my emotions have been around the world and back again, and at times, up to the moon. Thank goodness the weekend is here and that Ben is taking Monday off!  Few!

No comments: