My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Little Monkeys

The rec center here is pretty cool. It has our gym in it, along with a dance studio, a preschool, karate, basketball courts, volleyball courts, swimming pool, physical therapy center, and a bunch of other things.

Part of our gym membership gives us access to a rock climbing wall. The kids see it every time we walk by it to take them to the kids club, and they ask to do it every time.

So, yesterday for our FHE activity, we decided to try it out.

I have decided that Mary and Sam are monkeys. Somehow, somewhere, they morphed into part monkey.  They scrambled up that wall like they had been doing it for years.  It was amazing!

It was so fun to see Sam having fun with it and straining with all of his muscles to climb the wall.  He felt so cool and strong.
 

He did much better than we anticipated, and looked so cute and grown up climbing the wall. When we hooked him up in the harness and had him try the bigger wall, he would climb up and then say, "this is creepy."  He meant it was scary, but he kept on doing it.

Mary was a determined little thing, and we knew we would not be leaving until she climbed all the way to the top of the big wall.  She tried over and over again, and then she did it!  She looked so small to be up that high. She then did it several more times. I have no idea how her muscles held out that long. 

Ben and I also climbed. I did it once. It was harder than I thought, but also really fun.  I was a little unsure about the harness squeezing my bum and  framing it for all the world to see. But I am weird like that. I was just happy to see the kids climbing walls other than the ones in our house.

Ben tried different ways to get to the top, and loved the technical part of it.

William is still adjusting to daylight savings, so he spent his time doing this.


Luke, was just happy to be there.

We all walked out of there with sore forearms, stiff fingers, a new memory and smiles. 

What can I say... it rocked.   Bahahahahaha

No comments: