My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

super dad

William had a field trip to Cornbelly's today.  He asked me last week, when he brought his permission slip home, to please go with him.  I wanted to so badly, but the field trip was all day, and no younger siblings were allowed.  I don't exactly have a babysitter to watch my kids all day, so I sadly told William I couldn't go.

I have a lot of mommy guilt about not being more involved with my kids school classrooms, and field trips, but the no younger siblings rule, and having no family in town to help watch kids, make it near to impossible for me to do those things at this point in my life.

I just do the best I can to support my kids in the areas I can support them in, and try not to let the guilt seep in, when I can't be there.

As I was feeling badly for missing Williams field trip, I mentioned it to Ben.  I get a text from Ben yesterday saying that he called William's teacher, and that he was going to go on the field trip with William.

How awesome is that.  Truly.  What a great dad.

William was thrilled to hear that his dad was going to be "one of the teachers" on his field trip today, and he was excited all morning.

I love Ben a lot, but in moments like this, I love that dad part of him even more.
look at William's genuine smile...heart melter

No comments: