My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

it is out!

Sam has had an extremely loose tooth for about a month now.  It is one of those teeth that he has been able to bend all the way forward, twist around, and wiggle just by blowing air on it.

Ben tried to pull it several times, but the one tiny spot holding the tooth in place would not give.

Finally, last night, Sam came into our bedroom and showed me yet another new trick he could do with his tooth.  It was the closest thing possible to the tooth actually being pulled out completely and pushed over his gums.  As I sat there gagging, I told him that it was time to let Ben give it one final tug.

So, Ben gave it one final yank, and the tooth came right out.  It didn't even bleed! 

After all the hype died down, I was instantly informed about the amount of $$ kids now earn for losing their first tooth.  I can't believe how much inflation goes up with the tooth fairy.  Seriously! The rate stays the same at our house, but either way, Sam was happy this morning with his money from the tooth fairy. 

Sam was thrilled to finally join the club of kids that have lost a tooth.  I was thrilled to not have to constantly be gagging every time Sam learned a new trick with his tooth.  Ben was thrilled to finally get it out.  Mary was thrilled, because she loves stuff like that.  William started pulling on his own teeth, and Luke just asked for the vacuum.

So here it is.  Sam's first semi- toothless smile.  I say semi-toothless, because his other tooth has long since grown behind the loose one.  So has the one next to it.

Sam loves the fact that we call him shark mouth.  Apparently, that is so cool!


No comments: