My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

chunks

I have noticed, that in our family, things tend to come in chunks.  We have a while of our usual routine, just grooving along, and then, BAM, everything and anything comes up, and it is usually in the space of a couple days.

I usually don't mind the chunks, a long as they aren't too close together, they keep life fun and interesting.

This past Easter weekend, was another chunk weekend.

Friday was our ultrasound.  I am still in the honeymoon phase after the ultrasound.  Every single time I think about our sweet little girl finally coming home, the long wait for her arrival, and the fact that my placenta is not going to harm my body and that I can have a normal, fun, active, summer, with my family, off of bed rest, and hopefully a normal delivery, I get chills, and feel so humbled and grateful.  I finally have peace with this pregnancy for the first time in several months. Add in the previous miscarriages and estrogen mess, and it tacks on even more months of stress and worry.  To be free of that feels wonderful, and at times, I can't believe it.

I do find myself more anxious than I have ever been before to have this baby, hold her in my arms.  I am always anxious to have my babies, but this time around, it is heightened.  I honestly can't wait to get her here, and in our arms, where she belongs. 

Saturday was the State Tumbling meet in Salt Lake, for Mary, and a soccer game for Sam.  It was also my sister, Kelsey's, first marathon, here in Salt Lake.  Her boyfriend, who has been in Oklahoma for months now, and whom she hasn't seen in months, was going to be at the finish line, with a ring, and was going to propose.  Also, Saturday night, my family was going to stay with us.

Saturday was a BIG day.  Mary did AWESOME at her State Meet.  The meet wasn't run very well, so we never saw her scores for anything, or what place she took, but she did extremely well, and came home with three new trophies.  I am so proud of her for working so hard this competition season.  She has improved so much, and loves to be in the air.  She was born to fly!

Half way through Mary's meet, she had a 4 hour break between events, so we blasted over to Salt Lake, parked in the closest parking spot we could find, that probably wasn't even a spot, and literally sprinted over to the marathon finish line.  Poor Mary didn't even have time to put on her shoes.  We made it with 15 minutes to spare before Kelsey came through the finish line, and we got to see the proposal.  The fact that she was able to handle the shock after running 26.2 miles is pretty amazing! It was adorable, and worth the rush to get there.  I can't believe my baby sister is getting married!

We hung around for an hour and then rushed back to the meet, where Mary did her final event.

Ben stayed home and took Sam to his soccer game, where he scored his first goal!!!  This is a HUGE deal to Sam.  The way his team is set up, he is the smallest one, and there are some really big boys on his team and the opposing team.  Some of them are two years older.  Sam is really good at soccer, but this has really deflated him with the sport and intimidated him.  He loves soccer, so it was hard to see him kind of discouraged about it.

Scoring this goal meant the world to him, and therefore, meant the world to both Ben and I.  I am so grateful he had this opportunity, and he will remember it for the rest of the season.  I am pretty sure Sam will be his normal self now at his games, and be the awesome little player he really is.

Ben also took William skiing on Saturday.  William loves any time spent with Ben.  They are best buddies, and William thinks Ben is the ultimate coolest person alive.  I must say I agree.

Once we were all home, we frantically cleaned the house, and finished just in time for my parents to arrive.  We then dyed our Easter Eggs, got the kids in bed, talked for a while and crashed.  It was so cute to see William dying his eggs.  He was concentrating so hard, and took time with each egg he did.  I didn't know he was so into art!  I guess you learn something new everyday.



The next day was Easter!  The kids woke up bright and early to see their Easter baskets and to hunt for the eggs.  It was fun to have my parents here to join in all the fun...and to help the Easter bunny fill and hide eggs too.  ;)

We kind of got Easter pictures.  It was more like me chasing one kid or the other, begging them to smile, bribing, getting upset a few times, and pretty much chaos, but we got a few good ones.
William



My sweet babies!







Luke

Mary


Sam wit his loose tooth hanging out, and his scab on his nose....perfect!














It was off to church, and then back home to prepare dinner for 11 adults and 5 children.  My sister, my brother and sister in law and their little boy, my parents, and my sister's fiancé's family, were all coming to dinner.  I love having a full house, and was more than happy to have a dinner here.

It turned out great! 

We had a really fun Easter, and I now have a list a mile long of things I need for my kitchen.  This was the first time I have hosted an actual nice dinner for that many people, and I definitely need to be better stocked next time.  Maybe Ben and I should renew our vows and have another wedding shower for kitchen supplies.  ;)

And now, I am tired, but happy.  We had a very fun weekend.



No comments: