My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

the gift of a friend

Best friends are angels. 

  My  best friend does not live here in Heber.  In fact, we haven't lived in the same town since High School.  We have been friends since first grade.

We aren't the type of best friends that talk every day, go out to lunch every week, or even see each other more than MAYBE once a year.  But somehow, our friendship never fades, distance doesn't hurt it, and when we do talk, nothing has changed.

Katie called me on Sunday.  We haven't talked for at least a few months.  It didn't phase us in the least. We ended up talking for over 2 hours.  I came away from that conversation feeling loved, accepted for who I am, proud of my family, my children, and my life.  I felt understood, empathized with, and justified with some struggles that I have had to deal with.

I felt and recognized her strength, her ability to find humor, her ups and downs, her joys and her sorrows.  She trusted me enough to share her life with me too.

Katie was able to help me laugh about things that I needed to laugh about, and to see things for how they really are.  She helped me realize that I can be loved for the real me, and my family is great, for who we are.

She did something for me that I didn't even know I needed as desperately as I did.  She is not my sister, but she is the true definition of family to me.
Ragnar

I hope everyone in the world has a best friend like she is to me.  They make the world such a better place.

I am so blessed.




No comments: