My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, October 25, 2009

little bit of this...little bit of that

Tis' the season for LOTS of blog posts about parties, Birthday's, holidays, ect.
I LOVE this time of year, even with all of its craziness. In fact, I think that is why I like it. I like to be busy, and I like it even more when I am busy with fun stuff.

This weekend was very busy and very fun.

It started Friday with Ben's Birthday Party. His Birthday isn't until Tuesday, but he works that day, I teach preschool that day, and the Ward Party is that day. So, we moved his party up to this weekend. It was a lot of fun! It gave me a reason to deep clean the house and decorate for Ben's Birthday. It was a busy busy day. We got to see lots of good friends and eat lots of yummy food. Ben even got an awesome poster of Edward from Twilight. We are still debating on where to put it. ha! All in all, it was a success, and I fell asleep that night before my head hit the pillow.

The table FULL of "fall food." Yummy!

Some of the friends that came that night. Good times.

Saturday, Ben went skiing. It was his first time this season. He was excited, and I am really glad he was able to go. I think he had a great time. I took the kids to the gym and had a nice, long workout. I felt like a slug, but I did it, so I was proud. I even forced myself to get on the scale. So far, I have gained 2lbs. this pregnancy. I am 8 weeks along. But with the constant hunger that just started up, and all of the parties coming up, I will probably add ten more this week. Bring it.

Saturday afternoon, the kids and I headed to the Pumpkin Patch. Ben met up with us soon after. We also met up with our great friends and neighbors, Mike and Tyler.
We had a great time! Sam LOVED the tractor and the slides. He did the slides all by himself! Mary and Tyler loved going down the slide every way possible. It was so cute.


I LOVE this picture. They all look so cute. I even got Sam's adorable eyebrow wrinkle.


Mary and Sam going down the slide together.


"Big Boy" Sam going down the slide by himself.


Sam and I zooming down the slide.


Mary and Tyler, trying another new technique.


Ben and both kids. What a man. It was cute to see the kids light up when Ben got there. They love their daddy.




Once we got home, Ben and I were done for. The kids were still energized. They even provided a fashion show for us. We almost died laughing. Way too hilarious! Mary should be a fashion designer when she grows up. She is already helping Ben and I add "accessories" to our awesome costumes that are almost finished. I can't wait!



The headbands around the waist were my favorite part. And although Sam looks very upset, he was actually laughing his head off and running all over the house. I just told him to hold still for the picture and he took it very literally. He didn't move a muscle.

I guess I should add, that I am already getting all sorts of anxiety about our baby again. I am just very worried about it being so small. And, I am still not sick. I am very glad that I am not sick, but it worries me. 2 1/2 week small is pretty small. I know my dates weren't off because of when I got a positive preg. test. I actually got the positive earlier than I had though I would, so really, if anything, the baby should be bigger than we thought. I made a mistake and looked stuff up online. Bad decision. I am holding on to the fact that Dr. Weary didn't seem too concerned. He is going to be watching the size of the baby more closely, but I think he is waiting to see what this next ultrasound will tell us. My ultrasound is a week from this Tuesday, but I don't think it will come fast enough. I am worried. I wonder if the worry will ever go away.

Thankfully, it is another very fun, very busy week. Ward party, teaching preschool, Ben's 28th Birthday, Halloween, Ben's buddy Ryan coming to visit for the weekend, and all of the normal life stuff in between. I thrive on stuff like this. It is just in my blood I guess. Wahoo! LOVE IT!

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Love the fun pictures of the kids!! They are so cute! And I just love the pumpkin patch, what fun!!