My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let This Baby Be A Survivor.

Still VERY sick and miserable.
I have never felt like this in my life.
The fever is down to about 100 now, but I am still so worried about the baby.
Lots of painful cramping.
The doctor is getting me in as soon as it is somewhat safe. They will do an ultrasound and check the baby and everything surrounding it. They are worried as well. They are trying to get me in on Thursday.
I started the Tamiflu (the antibiotic for Swine Flu given to pregnant women and kids under age 2). It makes me really nauseated, but at least it is something.
Until then, I am staying in bed. I don't feel like doing anything else anyway.
And don't worry, I don't plan on spreading it. Of course, I would never do that if I could help it. I will stay out of every ones way for quite a while, especially my plethora of friends and family who are pregnant and/or expecting babies very soon. I pray that they and their babies will all be protected from this horrid virus.
I am also praying that none of my family members get this as well. I hope that the Lord will place them in an invisible protective bubble or something.


A big thanks to those wonderful souls who have brought and are bringing dinner. I know several others are sick with various illnesses as well, and I feel a little silly, but I have a great Relief Society President who happens to be my neighbor, and awesome visiting teachers who are very on the ball, and honestly, we really do need it. Sorry I didn't see you when you brought dinner over, and won't be seeing you, but just know that I am so grateful, and I know Ben is too. Also, a huge thanks to those who have been so kind to take our kids so Ben can get a few hours of work in. you are all lifesavers.
I always get terribly homesick when I feel so awful, and it means so much when people care, and we are lucky to be surrounded by people like that.
My mom ALWAYS gave me 7up, Popsicles and something warm and yummy to eat when I was sick as a child. My visiting teacher brought over those very things yesterday, along with some flowers and the best soup I have ever had. She had no idea that my mom always did that for me. It made my day and brought so much comfort. Thank you.

6 comments:

Maja said...

Hopefully by tomorrow you will be feeling better and put all of this behind you. I can't believe all of the challenges that you have been given. You are an inspiration and you are handling things with amazing fortitude. We look forward to the next post saying you are feeling better and that everything is fine with the baby. You are in our prayers.

kendra said...

geesh - What more do you have to go through? I think you should just get some good books and crafty supplies and spend the winter hibernating. You deserve it and at least you won't get any more crazy virus germs. I can't believe it!

But... I am so so happy you are pregnant again. I am excited for you. It's amazing the things we have to go through to get these babies here. I hope you feel better so soon. Can't wait to hear that you saw the baby and everything is great.

Julz said...

Wish there was something I could say to give you comfort. Please let me know if you need anything. We'll be praying for you the baby and your family.

Sylvia said...

Dang...wish I could bring you some 7up,a popcycle or some yummy warm soup! I remember those days so well...made me feel better to do it for you.I guess now, that I can't be there, I will send my love and prayers...lots of love & lots of prayers! Please get well! Love you!

Trinette McCrary said...

I hope you get better soon. I will sprinkle your house with protection fairy dust!

Allen Family said...

Ok...so I know you don't know me, but I felt the need to make a comment. I saw the title of your post on a friend's website (Nancy Eagan. MaryAnn Anderson is my best friend, besides my husband, of course). I usually don't just read random sites, but the title intrigued me. After reading about your having lost a baby, I ended up going back and reading your older posts. First, let me say I am so sorry for your loss. Second...thank you for your testimony and the reminder of how precious our children are. I was able to feel your testimony throughout your posts. It has uplifted me and made me want to be a better wife, mother and disciple of the Lord. Again...thank you for your beautiful example and testimony. I wasn't going to leave a comment but I felt prompted to. I hope all goes well with this pregnancy. You are in my prayers.