My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, May 7, 2016

friends

Mary and I went to a mother/daughter date night at the church last night.  The activity day girls put it on for Mother's day.

We played a game where we were asked questions, and we had to write down what we thought the other person would answer. 

For example:

They would ask Mary what my favorite color is.  And ask me what Mary's favorite color is.
We would both write down the answer, and then show it to each other at the same time.
Each time we got it right, we got a point.

There were 20 questions, and some of them were pretty tricky.  You really had to know each other.

Mary and I won the game, by getting 17 of them right.

As we sat there playing the game, I felt my heart getting so warm with the fact that Mary and I really do know each other.  We have open communication and we have trust.  Mary is my daughter and I am her mother and parent, but we have also established a friendship.

I have always hoped to have this with my children.  Of course, I am the parent, and I am usually the bad guy, but I also really want my children to feel like I am on their side, I am their friend, and they can come to me.  I want to be able to laugh with them, hang out with them, and have fun with them.

It felt so good to see that, at this point in time, Mary and I have that connection starting to blossom. I can only hope and pray that is continues to grow.
 She is a sweet girl, and she is growing up in a hard world.  I am so grateful that she has chosen to turn to me and to trust in me to help guide her through it, even if I don't really feel like I know what I am doing myself.

I love my little Mary girl so much.  I am very blessed to be a mother.
Mary made this for me and gave it to me on our date.

this was actually taken this morning, after the gym, so I look terrible.  Mary is so cute though.

No comments: