My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, September 6, 2015

3rd grade rocks

Sam is in third grade this year!  I know it sounds so cliche', but of course, I can't believe it.  He was so excited when we found out who his teachers were.  He got Mr. Johansen and Mrs. Probst.  They are known for being some of the best teachers at Heber Valley Elementary.  They team teach, so Sam has each teacher for 1/2 the day.
To top if off, Sam had a class full of good friends.  He literally could not stop grinning when he heard the news, and started counting down the hours until school started.

Just like Mary, we went to his back to school night, where he got to go to his classroom and say hi to his teachers.  This only added to his excitement, and made me really happy and comfortable that Sam would be in great hands.

This was the scene in his bedroom the night before school.





I love how he put his belt in the shape of a heart.  He told me he got up three times in the night to rearrange his belt.  haha!

Sam was soooo excited the morning that school started.  When I woke up, he was standing in the kitchen, completely dressed with his backpack on.  It was all I could do to get him to sit down and eat breakfast.
 
As with Mary and Molly, some of us were more excited than others to see Sam go.
They missed him A LOT that first day.
Sam's friends came to the door to pick him up to walk to the bust stop, and after a hug and a swift kiss (yes, he still gives me a kiss, and I am not about to stop it), he blasted out.
Look at how incredibly cute this boy of mine is.  What a heart-stopper!

 
When he arrived home that day, he blasted in to the door and said, "School was awesome, third grade rocks!"  This is music to my ears and comforting to my heart.  He loves his teachers and is having a great time with his buddies.

I am hoping for this to be a great school year for my Sammy Boy!

No comments: