My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

nationals day 3...post competition

After Mary took a little nap and we ate some lunch, we headed off with our group of 19, to go check out the famous Forth Worth Stockyards.

It was 100 degrees with 35% humidity, but we braved the heat, and it was worth it.

We had a blast! The stockyards were so cool!  It felt like being back in time in an old cowboy town.  Mary and I went in so many shops and looked at so many neat things.  We bought souvenirs for the kiddos at home, and Mary finally found a lasso that she was so determined to find.  She cracks me up!

We took a fun train ride with everyone as well.  It took us in to Dallas, and it was so fun to see that city again.  We really did love Dallas.
The train made me miss Luke terribly!  If we come next year, we will try to find a way to get the boys here.  They would have LOVED it!



view of downtown Dallas from the train



After the train ride, we did a lot more sightseeing, and sweating.  We could have stayed there all day, and we pretty much did!



 
After the stockyards, we drove over to the Dallas Cowboys stadium.  As I have said over and over again.  Everything really is BIG in Texas.  The size of the stadium was unbelievable!  It was so cool.  We just missed the tour by 20 minutes.  Rats!
the three kids that competed at Nationals






We went back to the hotel for a while, and everyone swam in the pool, while another kid from our group competed.  I seriously think I about got heat stroke out there, so I let everyone swim while I went back to the room and called home to check on my babies.  I was missing them so badly.
 
By the time everyone was back together again, and we found a restaurant that served 19 people on a Friday night, it was 10:00pm.  We thought we were going to die of starvation!
 
We were so hungry, that Mary and I finally tried sushi for the first time.  I thought it was OK, Mary gagged.  haha!
 
 
We got back to the hotel at midnight after dinner, and once again crashed in the bed eating oreos and watching teen Disney shows.

It was a HUGE day!!!

The next morning we were up at 6:00am to start the trek back home.  It was a little crazy finding the car rental return and navigating some confusing airports, but we felt like pros after the 4th airport of the trip.

No to mention the AMAZING cinnamon rolls at the Vegas airport, and some fun sculptures that we knew Sammy boy would love.



We did have one interesting experience in the Vegas airport at our layover. 
How could he not notice!  Good thing he got bored of whatever he was doing on his computer and moved 15 minutes later. I thought I was going to be stuck there for hours!

12 hours after we left Texas, we arrived home. 

What an amazing trip. 

Way to fly Mary girl!

No comments: