My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

soccer...finally

Soccer season came and left, and I did not get a single picture of video of any of the games.  Go me.

Maybe, it's because we had 3 kids in soccer this year, and there are only 2 of us parents. 

Or, because my schedule has looked like this for the past month. 
this is only 5 days worth


A lot of time was spent shuttling the two babies, the stroller, the snacks, the water bottles, the blankets, and so forth, all over the park, bouncing between three games, but it was worth it, and really fun.

The lack of pictures does not mean I am any less proud or supportive of Mary, Sam and William.  It just means that I was living the moment, and doing extreme multi-tasking to its fullest.

They all had a great season!

It was so much fun to watch William play a team sport for the first time.  It was hilarious to watch him move his big happy self all over the field, and actually show some pretty great athleticism!  He is pretty much a human bulldozer, and it is awesome.  He had a great time, and his coach was wonderful with his team of energetic, silly 4 year olds. William would constantly look at us as he was running and give us the thumbs up sign. 


Sam definitely stepped it up a notch this year.  All of the boys his age did.  I could see the footwork, the speed, and the talent of these boys beginning to come together and unfold.  His games were exciting and fun to watch.
Sam is extremely fast, and is a smart player.  He isn't super aggressive yet, but he held his own.  Ben and I were very happy that he scored a goal at a game where both of us happened to be there.  Go Sam! 

Mary is a natural.  She is already in great shape from tumbling, so she is able to run like crazy the entire game.  She is also a smart player, and was able to position herself where she needed to be more this year. She scored some goals, and had some great defensive moves as well.  She rocked it.

(no pictures of Mary...I know...I stink.  I promise she is dang cute though)

Soccer is an awesome sport, and it is so fun to be able to watch my kids exercise and have fun too.

There is a club competitive league called Storm that has been around for a long time.  It is a big commitment, and they travel, so we have never really thought about it, until this year.

Sam has such a passion for soccer, and he is yearning for some proper coaching and to be able to be pushed more.

He, and his best friend Blake just spent the last 2 days at Storm try-outs.  I was able to watch some of the try-out, and dang, they really work those boys.  Sam held out really well, and I was so proud of him.


We find out what team he will be placed on within the next day or two.  We are nervous, but just want him to be on a team where he can reach his potential and feel confident.

As with all competitive, or club sports, my eyes were opened to the politics and the competitiveness of it all.  It was definitely shocking, and annoying, but I am hoping that Sam can prove himself and just do his thing, politics and all that other stuff aside. 

We are very excited for him.

I am pretty sure we just engulfed ourselves into the crazy world of soccer for the next decade of our lives.  So be it.

No comments: