My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

leader in me

I absolutely love the school my kids go to.

So far, we have been extremely impressed with the teachers my kids have had.  The principle is an energetic, people person, who loves what she does.  The school teaches so much more than just secular learning.  They are really big on kids being leaders, taking responsibility for their decisions, being kind, being respectful, and so on.  It has been a wonderful school for my children.

This year, the school has implemented the "Leader In Me" program.  The kids have learned the 7 habits.  It is from Steven Covey, and is made specifically for kids.

The school has done a HUGE push for this, and every child in every grade can name off the habits, do actions for each one, and tell you, in detail, all about them.  It is awesome.

Today, the school invited all of the businesses who helped sponsor this program to get into the school, to go to the school for a showcase of how it has benefited the school and taught the students.

My kids all had a part in it, so we were invited too.

Mary is in the "Lighthouse" committee, so she got to be a tour guide, as well as welcome the guests.  She did a great job showing leadership.

I was so proud that they started it off with a flag ceremony and the Pledge of Allegiance. 

William and Luke's classes combined, and sang a song called "Soar."  They basically changed the words of the song "Roar" from Kelley Clarkson, and turned it into a song about the habits. 

It was AWESOME!!!  Sam was grinning and excited that I was there.  William was happy, but trying to hide it by doing his shy open mouth, tongue out, smile face.  I about died laughing.
William is on the bottom row in the blue shirt.  Sam is on the top row in the blue and white plaid shirt.




I don't have a car right now, because Ben's is in the shop, and he is using mine, so I had to find a ride with a neighbor.  I almost didn't go, but I am so glad I went.

I am so proud of my kids, and their effort and excitement they put in to school and their education.

Thank you Heber Valley Eagles!!!

No comments: