My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Monday, July 2, 2012

My Little Miss

As mentioned in the previous post, last week I was able to take Mary and Sam out on dates. 

Mary already knew exactly what she wanted to do. She has been saving her money for months for this activity.  She wanted to go to Build A Bear.

So, off we went. 

We chatted in the car about how she is doing. She asked me questions about Ben and I dating, and we were able to just connect and have fun.

We went to the bank first, because Mary had bags of coins.  I taught her how to put them in the machine that counted them. She thought it was awesome, so did I.  She then took the receipt to the lady at the desk, and was given cash back. 

Then it was off to the mall. We browsed through some stores, and I chuckled at Mary's style and the things she thought were pretty and cute. I love her style, it fits her. One lady even gave us a free pair of earrings for looking at her shop. Score!

We arrived a Build A Bear, and Mary got a huge smile on her face. It was so cute.
She spent a long time picking out her bunny, and an even longer time picking out the outfit.  It was so fun to watch the process she went through to pick everything out.  She is such a smart girl.

She just kept on hugging her bunny and whispering to it. She was told to make a special wish before she put the heart in her bunny. She closed her eyes and concentrated to hard before smiling, opening them, and placing the heart in the bunny.

Her bunny is absolutely adorable. I love the outfit she ended up with, after trying on about 20 different things!   She named the bunny Suzan and calls her Suzy.

Mary literally skipped out of the store, and then it was off to the snow shack. Mary loves the rainbow snow cones, just like Sam. 

On the way home, I asked Mary what her wish was, in Build A Bear. She told me that she wished that all of her other stuffed animals would like Suzy and be nice to her.  My heart melted. What an unselfish and thoughtful wish. So cute!

I sure love Mary and the girl she is becoming. I am grateful for a daughter and for the chance we have to be together. I look forward to many GNO's in the future with her!

No comments: