My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Luke's Blessing

I know there have been lots of blog posts lately. We finally got our new computer and I am loving how fast it is, and having all of the keys to type with.  :)    IAlong with several other things, I am now able to blog and check up on blogs much more quickly. Hooray!

OK, on to the post.

Luke is 6 weeks old today! It is amazing how time flies, and yet seems to stand still when we have an infant in our home. We love him so much.

Luke's baby blessing was this last Sunday, July 1st.  It was a wonderful event. It was a great day to celebrate this sweet little spirit fresh from heaven, and to have him receive a heartfelt and inspired blessing from his daddy.

Luke wore the same outfit that his older brothers wore on their blessing day. It has a small stain on it from each child to prove it. I call them "love stains." They make the outfit even more special. Luke was also swaddled in a special blanket made by grandma. All of the other kids have a similar blanket made by grandma and they were blessed in them as well. It is a very special tradition.

The day was made even more special, because most of my family were able to attend. As mentioned in my last post, I have been pretty homesick for Colorado lately, but at times like this, I am reminded of why it is so awesome to live closer to home. There is not much more awesome to me than having my home filled with family and loved ones to celebrate a sacred or meaningful event.

My dad, my brother Devin, my brother Tyler, Ben's good friend and co-worker Matt, a very good friend from our ward Gary Kunz, and Brother Sagala were able to stand in the circle as Ben blessed Luke.

Luke was blessed with health, happiness, a solid testimony of Jesus Christ and his Gospel, the opportunity to serve a mission, and the love of his family.  It was a very neat blessing and the spirit was so sweet and strong.

Each of my children were born with a special spirit about them that has followed them up to this point in their lives. Ben and I talk about it often.
Mary had a very energetic, determined,  and strong spirit.
Sam had a very soft-hearted and meek spirit.
William had a very fun loving and happy spirit.
Luke has a very sweet and peaceful spirit.

So far, each of our children still have these characteristics that have become part of their nature.

As Luke was blessed, I could feel his sweet and peaceful spirit radiating to my heart.  He is a precious baby.

After the blessing, we all gathered at our house for a lunch.  It was fun to be with everyone and to talk and laugh.  My mom gave Mary and Sam some "skin stickers" and we all ended up with one. Even my dad ended up with a Little Mermaid on his forearm.

I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life, and for the priesthood. I am glad that Ben was able to give Luke such a sweet and inspired blessing full of love and hope for the future. 

I love my children,each one,  and I hope and pray each day that they will grow to love the Gospel and their Savior and live blessed and happy lives.

Sweet sweet Luke, thank you for coming to us and blessing us so much already.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I love you guys! What an awesome post. Luke seems to be amazing! What a special fella! Love, love, love the sticker picture , made my heart so happy . You guys are the best!

Erin Darrington said...

Such a sweet and special family! We can't wait to meet Luke one of these days! I love one on one time with my kiddos too. Even though it's just the two of them, there is something special about taking time to just be on your own with them. You are a wonderful mother. I love your beautiful long hair, and we miss you guys lots and lots.