My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

And So It Begins

Mary had her first day of second grade today!  She is still at school, and will be done in a few hours.
I can't believe I have a 2nd grader! Wow!

She had a father's blessing from Ben last night, and it was neat to see her take it seriously and feel the spirit. She is a very sweet and in-tune girl.

She was so excited last night that she put on her outfit for today and ran all over the house in it. She picked out her hair do, her earrings, her outfit, her shoes, and she carefully placed her backpack right by the door.  It was great to see her so incredibly excited.

She has Mrs. Goodman this year, and I have heard great things about her. Mary knows a bunch of the kids in her class, and when I walked her to her line this morning, she ran to her friends and didn't look back.  Such a drastic and welcome change from the past two years. My little girl is growing up. It was a wonderful scene to watch.


Sam starts kindergarten next week. It's official, we are back in school. Excitemet is in the air!

And so it begins....

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That hairstyle is way too cute!

Keith said...

So cute! Wow--2 in school! That will be an interesting new development! Cute hair! Good pick Mary!

Lisa said...

Wow--you have two in school! That is crazy!! Cute hair Mary!! Good choice!

Lisa said...

Wow!! I can't believe you have two in school!! I love Mary's hair! Good choice!

Familia Morales said...

I love the hairdo also! So glad she's excited to go to school this year--that definitely makes it easier to send them.

Colleen said...

Wow! Back to school already? Mary looks beautiful!