My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Independence Day

We had a great 4th of July. I am so grateful for this country we live in and for the freedoms we enjoy. I will always be grateful for those who sacrificed, gave their lives, and gave their all for our freedom. I am grateful for those who are continuing to do this now. We are so blessed.

We just hung out during the day this year. Ben and I put the grill together that he got for Father's Day, the kids played, and we kept it pretty low key. It felt good to just be together.

That evening, we used the new grill, and had an AMAZING dinner! We grilled marinated chicken, and put the corn on the cob on it as well. It was so yummy. I think I am going to be using the grill all of the time.

We had plans to go to the city firework show, but our neighbor had a bunch of fireworks he was going to shoot off in our circle, and we had some of our own as well.

I am so glad we stayed. It was so much fun! A bunch of neighbors and friends all gathered right here in our circle, and we had a blast (no pun intended) shooting of fireworks, talking and letting the kids play. The fireworks our neighbor had were huge, and just as big as some of the fireworks at the show. We didn't have to fight traffic either. It was really fun!

William liked them, but also didn't.  He wasn't sure what to think.

Sam absolutely loved them! He was so excited about every firework, and thought the whole thing was very cool. It was so much fun to watch him be so excited. During the really big ones, he would sit by Landon and they would hold hands. haha!


Mary and her friends got out their build-a-bears and had a little party.

I love living in a circle and having neighbors that like to hang out and have fun. It was a great way to spend the holiday.

Even better...Luke slept 6 hours that night! Hooray!

No comments: