My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Saturday, September 6, 2014

dirt, precious dirt

We have been waiting a LONG time for our yard to be at the point where we are finally ready for top soil.  The amount of rock removal has been astounding.  Ben has done pretty much all of it on his own, and it is a lot of work.

Top soil is the last step before grass, and we have been so anxious to get to this point.

So far, we have 11 loads, but it looks like we will need more. 


Luke was absolutely thrilled with the big trucks and tractors bringing in the dirt.  He was plastered to the windows and the porch all morning.  I was right there with him.  It may as well have been Christmas.



Once we get all of these piles smoothed out, it is hydro seed time.  Yes my friends, that would be grass.  Real, live, actual grass growing in OUR yard. The goal is this next week.

I may just wet myself!

No comments: