My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

miss molly...week one

I have been contemplating writing this post for a few days, but I seem to be at a loss for words when it comes to my feelings of this first week with Molly.

She is exactly one week old today.

All I can really think of, is that we definitely have a piece of heaven in our home. 

Molly has filled our hearts and our arms in ways we could not have even imagined.




I love all of my children fiercely, and I don't want this post to sound like I am any more or less in love with any of them, but this post is about Molly, so I will try to convey my feelings for her.

In the hospital, I was recovering from the shock of her delivery, and just from the usual fatigue and emotions of giving birth.  It was hard to wrap my head around the fact that Molly was finally here.

That all changed once we got her in to our home..where she belongs.

My heart is hooked to Molly in a way that is so hard to explain.  We have already been on a journey together, but a spiritual one up to this point.  To have her here physically, is almost so precious and sweet, that I literally can hardly be away from her.



I find that I can't go very long without holding her, looking at her, or just giving her a quick kiss.  I just yearn to be near her and to hold her close.

When ever I hold her, look at her, or stare into her sweet eyes, my heart almost hurts from the bond and the love that I have for her.  It has been one of the most sweet, precious and special weeks of my life. 

Maybe it is because she is our last baby, but I find myself almost panicking when I think of her growing or changing at all.  I feel like I have to soak in every single little moment of her infancy. I can hardly stand the thought of her growing out of infancy, or even changing at all.  Even the fact that she is one week old, can make me sad if I let it.  I just want my baby to stay just how she is.

Of course, there is always the adjustment of being home with 5 kids, the three younger ones especially, hormone changes, anxiety, and the adjustment the other kids are going through.  It has not been all peaches and cream, but with the help of my mom here this past week, and with Molly's amazingly calm and sweet disposition, it has been better than expected.

We have worried so much that Molly would have some of the stomach issues and colic that the other kids had to deal with as newborns, and infants.  So far, Molly has had a very calm and sweet disposition.  It has been wonderful, and we are praying that it will continue.  She has such a peaceful and sweet feeling about her.  It has made it so much easier to continue to take care of the other kids, and try to keep their lives as normal as possible.


 

The other kids are doing well and have been troopers with all of the change.  They each have had their own little adjustment period, but they have been so welcoming and loving toward Molly. The kids all love to hold her, feed her, and look at her.  They are all so sweet with her, and they can feel that she is something special and fresh from heaven.  I love to see my children loving and welcoming their new sister with such tenderness.





We are so grateful that Molly is here, and our home has truly been blessed this week with her presence.  My heart is full.
What a sweet, special and precious being we now have in our family.
I am so blessed.

We love you Molly Grace, with every part of our hearts.



Some fun facts about Molly:
She loves her hat.  If she is fussy, I just put her hat on her head, and she calms down.
She loves to be swaddled tightly and cuddled.  She is extremely snuggly and is happiest when completely covered in clothes and blankets.
She eats about 2 oz right now, every 3-4 hours
She recognizes our voices, and tries to look to where a voice is coming from.
She has dark brown hair...for now anyway. :)
She had her first photo shoot this week....thank you Heather Crist at Lovely Image Photography for the precious pictures on this post.




1 comment:

Erin Darrington said...

She is the missing piece. You are finally able to feel totally whole as a family. What a beautiful thing. So happy for all of you!