My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, September 11, 2014

after delivery

After Molly had a name, and things began to settle that day, little by little throughout the rest of the evening, I began to soak everything in.  At random times my arms would just ache to hold Molly, and I would pick her up and hold her to me and just let it absorb.   Other times, I would forget I had just had her, or just not be able to grasp that she was really here, and feel zoned out.  Each time I absorbed it though, it was wonderful, emotional, and amazing.

I was finally able to eat, and to be honest, I didn't care much about the meal.  My big exciting first carb meal came later.  That night, I just ate because I had too.  I was too tired to care much about it.  After Molly and I got our tummy's full, we crashed.

My family came later that evening.  The kids were so adorable with her!  My mom loved her and held her in a way that only a grandma can do, Mary, like me, was a little overwhelmed, so she was absorbing at her own pace, the love in her eyes was precious though.  Sam was the first person to want to hold her, feed her, dress her, and look at her.  William asked if there was another one in my stomach, and if we could go home, and surprisingly, Luke really wanted to "hold it."  When Luke held her, he was so soft and cute!  It was all so special and precious!
 I just observed and tried to grasp that my whole family was finally here.  I was also on some good narcotics. ;) 










Ben gave Molly her first bath with the kids here watching.  The nurses held off on her bath, in order to let the kids be a part of it.  Ben did it all himself...no nurses.  It made my heart flutter.  I married a good man.




After the kids got restless, the nurses treat closet was raided, juice was spilled, all the buttons on the bed had been pushed numerous times, and every machine in the room had been thoroughly examined by Luke, they decided to go.
 After everyone left, I held Molly to my chest, and just smelled her and breathed her in.  I found myself clinging to her numerous times, and thanking the Lord for her.  Just feeling like I could never get enough.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Congratulations Becky! She is beautiful. I am so glad everything turned out well with such a crazy delivery!
She shares a birthday with my Sam, so I think that's pretty cool! Give her a kiss from me. Love you!

Lisa said...

Sweet baby! Sweet family! Blessed mama! I love birth stories, heaven and earth connect when a baby is born. Glad all went well!

Deanna said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE her name!!! What a special, precious baby girl!

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Congrats Becky! She is perfect! Glad things went well!