My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, June 2, 2013

i can't believe i live here

Summer has officially begun.

Popsicles, riding bikes, riding scooters, playing with friend after friend after friend.  Late nights, later mornings, band aids, bug catching, dirt digging, sunburns, tan lines, black tub rings, sprinklers, swimming, camping, hiking, crickets, adventures, the smell of freshly cut grass, and flowers.

I love summer, and last night's kick off was the perfect start.

We had a big neighborhood "homework burning" bon fire.

As I sat there by the fire, looking around me, I was in complete awe. 
Everywhere I looked, there were friends.  Dear, kind, humble, down to earth, laughing, smiling, caring, friends. 
I could see children running around, playing night games, eating marshmallows, barefoot, laughing, teasing, swinging, playing in the big open yards, under the big open sky.  Kids everywhere, friends everywhere.  The kind of childhood I dreamed my kids would have.
 I looked across the street at our house, our home.  The porch light was blazing, the bikes were lying in the yard, the bike jump was still in repair, the flowers were blooming, the dirt and rock piles with rakes and shovels left over from our landscaping that day, a sign of hopes and dreams still in the making. 
I looked around at the majestic, beautiful, powerful mountains, surrounding me on every side.  Protecting us, watching over us.
 I looked up at the huge, open starry sky, twinkling down on our little town. 
How could I have felt anything but blessed.  So, so blessed. 
What amazing world God has given us. 
What an amazing town we have found. 
What an amazing place we have found.
I am so, so happy to call this place home.

It is going to be an awesome summer.

1 comment:

Erin Darrington said...

I am so so happy for you. God is so good.