My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, May 16, 2013

just in case

the "bones" post was hard to believe.  Let me indulge you in today's "find."
 
Mary came running home from school, and pulled these beauties, a.k.a. dead moles or something, out of her backpack.  They aren't rats or mice, but still...
 
She was so proud of them, I however, was trying really hard not to run away screaming.
 
 


A few minutes later, Mary was commenting on how it was so neat to pet them on the bus, because they were so fuzzy.

Um...Ok.  Two things.

#1.  She was petting these dead creatures.
#2.  She had them on the bus.

I thought she found them on the walk home. Nope, she found them on the walk TO school, put them in her backpack, petted them all the way to school, hid them at the school, picked them back up when school was over, put them in her backpack, and here they are.  She wants to put them in our backyard so she can watch them decompose and then mount their skeletons on paper.  She thinks it is "scientific,"  I think it is insane.  But what do I know.

My, oh my.  I think we need to have a little chat about dead animal diseases, what to take on the bus, and how to properly wash our hands...for like an hour.

1 comment:

Juls said...

Maybe she will be an archaeologist or Anatomical pathologist. It is great that she is curious but not great to be handling dead things. Buy her a box of medical gloves. So glad my kids aren't bringing in dead things I think I would lose it if they did. It was like when Ryan caught the mouse in the mouse trap and Lilly thought it was cute and wanted to keep it. I had to leave the room I was so grossed out and Lilly wanted to pet it. Good luck with that.