My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dang!

Yesterday, I decided to wash all of our blankets and sheets. I was so proud of myself last night when we all went to bed with fresh, clean, and great smelling bedding. I guess my timing was not the best.
I woke up at 2:00 this morning to Mary moaning that her tummy hurt. 20 min. later she had thrown up all over the bedding, the carpet, and eventually got some in the toilet. Poor kid. I felt so bad for her.
She felt better after that, so we covered everything with towels and went back to bed. 2 hours later, it was another round of throwing up for Mary. More messy sheets, more messy carpet, and a very sad little girl.
Mary woke up feeling better this morning, no fever, lots of energy, so she went to gymnastics. I figured she just ate something weird at was over it. When we got home, I decided to bring the rest of the clean laundry up and fold it all and put it away. While I was folding the last of the clothes, in came Mary holding her stomach. Of course, the scenario ends with clean clothes covered in throw up. Dang!
She is now sporting a high fever, but keeps saying she is freezing. Rats! We are all hoping she gets better in time for the Valentine festivities this weekend. I think it will break her heart if she is stuck home all weekend.
And because we are Maynards, and things tend to happen in chunks, Sam also woke up with pink eye, and I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a dump truck. Hooray for us.
Lets just hope we can get rid of the crud quickly. We have a fabulous weekend planned! Keep the miracles coming please!

5 comments:

Familia Morales said...

Bummer! Hope you all get feeling better in time to enjoy the weekend!

Shaina said...

That's terrible!! Hope everyone feels better soon.
If not, we can cancel dinner on Sunday (Heath did talk to you guys about that, didn't he?) and we can do it another week.

Colleen said...

Sorry Mary isn't feeling well, and just with all those freshly washed blankets and sheets. Isn't that just the way it goes? This yuck sure is going around! I hope she is feeling better and hasn't shared too much with the rest of the family.

Berly said...

Sorry for the stomach bug and pink eye mess. We had that a couple of weeks ago. YUCK!! I also woke up feeling pretty BLAH!!

kendra said...

yes the yuck is going around. We have all had it here. Gross and miserable. Looks like she was feeling better by Saturday at least. Hopefully the rest of you are all staying healthy.