My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Thursday, April 12, 2018

while mom and dad are away....grandma and the kids will play

Ben surprised me with a fun little weekend get-away a few weekends ago.  He arranged for my mom to come stay with the kids for a couple days, so we could go skiing at Deer Valley, and have a fun weekend together.  Yeah, he's pretty awesome.

Ben and I ate dinner at a yummy steak house in Park City, walked around main street in Park City, looked at some art galleries, and had a fun evening with just the two of us.  It was so great to relax and be with my main man.  The next day we got up and went skiing at Deer Valley.  I haven't been skiing in a few years, so I felt a little rusty, but it was a lot of fun!  The resort is incredibly nice.  It is definitely a destination resort, with all of the cool perks.  It was fun to watch Ben in his element.  He slowed down in order to stay with me, but it was still very apparent that he is an incredibly talented skier.  It was fun to be out in the mountains having fun together.  We ate an amazing lunch in one of the lodges, and probably had the best carrot cake I have ever had in my life.  In fact, we ended up ordering another one...it was that good!  We skied the rest of the afternoon, and then headed home.
I feel bad that I again dropped the ball with pictures.  I just don't think about it when we are having fun.  I need to be better at that.

While we were away, the kids had a great time with my mom!
They made some fun Easter pancakes for Breakfast, where Mary whipped out her artistic skills.


They also spent the day at the aquarium.  When we got home, the kids could not stop talking about it.  They had so much fun!








It was a great weekend for all of us!  I love it when we can all step back and do something fun and out of the ordinary, even if its just a couple days.  It's what memories are made of.

No comments: