My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Sunday, April 22, 2018

im a gym spectical

I had quite the interesting week at the gym this past week.

On Monday, I decided to try out a new water bottle.  It has a straw built into it, and a spout that flips up.  Half way through my run, I was tiring out, so I decided to mix up some zip fizz in my water bottle.  I went over to the drinking fountain, poured in my zip fizz, added water, shook it all up, and placed in in the cup holder on my treadmill.

I ran another mile, and then decided to get a drink.  I waited that mile, because zip fizz is very fizzy...hence the name.  I wanted to give it time to die down a little, so it wouldn't be so bubbly in my stomach.

I stopped running, grabbed my water bottle, tilted my head back, opened my mouth, and flipped the spout open.

It was basically like a massive geyser of zip fizz went off.  I guess you could describe it as shaking up a can of soda and the opening it...times 10.  Zip Fizz came spraying out of the spout so fast and so hard that I shrieked.  It was spraying all over my face, my hair and my clothes, and it wouldn't stop spraying.  I didn't know what to do, so I turned the water bottle away from me, and it continued to spray all over the treadmill and the girl next to me.  She started screaming, so I ran my water bottle...still spraying everywhere, over to the garbage and let it continue spraying in there.

Pretty much everyone in that area of the gym was completely undone, they were laughing so hard.  It was a sight to behold.  I was drenched, and literally dripping zipfizz off my face and hair, the treadmill was dripping, there was a trail of zipfizz leading to the drinking fountain, and my ENTIRE water bottle had emptied out everywhere.  Somehow the straw, the spout and the fizz acted like a syphon.  It was unreal.

I have been going to this gym for 5 years now, so most of the people there are good friends of mine.  Luckily, I was not embarrassed, but it was unbelievable!  A couple of my friends were laughing so hard that they could not even talk.   Pretty much everyone there that morning was laughing or kindly teasing me about it the rest of the time I was there.  It didn't help that my shoes were squeaking on the treadmill the rest of my run, because they were sticky and the tread was sticky and damp. I joined right in the laughter.  I can't imagine what that must have looked like.  It would have been hilarious!

I spent the next little while washing my face and hair, drying out my clothes, and cleaning off the treadmill.  The entire time, I was laughing along with everyone else.  A lot of people offered to help clean the mess. 

Oh man...it was pretty epic.

During all of the mayhem, I didn't think to take a picture.  I finally thought about it once the mess was pretty much all cleaned up.  The only thing left to clean was part of the tread on the treadmill.  This is probably 1/10 of the mess I made.

On Saturday, 5 days after the zip fizz incident, I went in to do cryotherapy after my workout.  The gym was pretty busy, and again, a lot of my friends were there.  I was done with the cryo "freeze" part, and I was lying back in the chair with the "boots" on.  I have posted a picture of them on here before.  They are black boots that zip up from my toes to my hips.  They hook to a machine that forces them to massage my legs by filling with air and squeezing them in different spots.  I LOVE the boots.  They are like a deep massage that works out all of the lactic acid and fatigue in my legs.  I am usually in them for about 25 minutes.

There was a guy next to me, also in the boots.  He had headphones on, and was completely relaxed, eyes closed, enjoying the massage.  There was also a person in the cryo tank on the other side of the wall from where I was.  Aside from us three, the two people that work there were also in the room.

The cryo room is in the gym.  It is just separated by a glass door and a wall. 

I was all settled in the boots, getting relaxed and closing my eyes, when BAM!!!!  It seriously sounded like a bomb went off, and my right leg immediately felt cold and free.  The noise was so loud that the guy snoozing next to me flew out of his chair, boots and all.  The two workers ducked and frantically looked around, the guy in the cryo tank yelled, (poor guy was naked, freezing and helpless) and people out in the gym either duked, yelled, or looked over to where I was.

Yup, it was me again.  Right in the middle of it all.  The boot on my right let, had just blown up...literally!  It blew off my leg and into the wall next to me.  The material of the boot is very, very heavy and strong, so the force to blow that up had to be incredible.  I had no idea what had just happened, but I was scared to death to look at my leg.  I thought that maybe it had blown off, but I felt no pain at all.  I finally glanced down, and my leg was still there and perfectly fine.  Once I realized I was ok, I just began laughing.  People were completely freaked out.  It truly sounded like a bomb went of in the gym.  The employees at the cryotherapy, who are also my friends, were horrified that I had been seriously injured, but I assured them that I was fine.  People were running into the room asking what happened...and there I sat.  One boot on, the other boot across the room.  I just waved.  Yup, it's me again.

This one took a little longer for people to laugh about, but once they did, it didn't stop.  It was too scary at first, but once we all figured out that everything was ok, and we started re-living everyone's reactions, it was hilarious!

I guess in all of my time at the gym, things are bound to happen.  Apparently, this was my week.

No comments: