My Reasons

My Reasons

This Is Where It All Begins

This Is Where It All Begins

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

little bit of this, little bit of that

I have a bunch of pictures on my phone that are worth mentioning, but not enough for a blog post, so I am just going to give them each their own little explanation here.

 Above:  This was the day that Luke decided that the ice container in the freezer was the perfect jail for his bad lego guys.  I threw a handful of ice into my shakeology and blended it up.  Needless to say, I had chocolate, banana, peanut butter, shakeology, with Lego guy pieces for lunch.  Yummy!!

Below:  Luke and William preparing for the ultimate Nerf War.  haha!

 Above:  Molly is now going to All American Gymnastics for gymnastics.  It is the top gym in Utah, and it is a wonderful gym for her.  She loves gymnastics, and she is a natural on the beam.  It is hilarious to watch her, because she is spunky and loves to have a great time, but at the same time, she is very talented.  It will be fun to watch her grow in the sport.

Below: Molly's dance moves.  haha!  Let's just say ballet is not for her.  Hip Hop is the way to go.



Below:  A dinosaur mask Molly made at the kids club at the gym.  She wore it most of the morning.
 Molly and I rewarding ourselves after a work out at the gym for me, and a kids club stay for Molly.

 
Below:  Luke and Boston spent hours making a "vending machine" out of my decorative bird house.  It was awesome!
 
Below:  On of the more crazy days of my life.
Molly woke up with a burning fever that morning, and a sore throat. Yikes.
I got her settled with medicine, a drink and a show.
Penny always cuddles next to anyone who is sick.  She somehow knows.  It is pretty cute.
I then went to pick up Boston and Beckham to babysit them.  I found Boston crying in the hallway, burning hot with fever, and with a sore throat.  Awesome.
 
I brought them back to our house, and tried to get Boston and Molly's fevers down.  I was busy helping them when the school called.  William had a fever of 102 and had a sore throat.  Sweet.
 
So, I loaded everyone in the car, and went to get William.  The poor boy was absolutely miserable.  The school nurse took his temp. again while I was there, and it was 103.  Not good.
 
I called the doctor and made him an appointment.  At that moment, I remembered that I had to do carpool for Mary's cheerleading.  Crap!!  I zoomed over to her school, and proceeded to cram children into the car.  It was a zoo!  We decided to do a quench it run, because 1/2 the kids in my car were sick, I needed caffeine, and because it just sounded...fun???

These pictures do not even show three other kids that were in the car.

 
 
 I got everyone off to where they needed to be, and got home just in time to see Sam get home from school.  Within half an hour, Luke was burning hot, and lying on the floor.  For real.

That afternoon, I got William in to the doctor where he tested positive for strep.  Because the doctor was not our family doctor, and was not cool, he made me go back in for separate appointments for the others.  That was fun...really fun. Everyone was positive for strep.  Boston's mom Karli took him in, he was also positive. 
Fun times...fun times.
 


Below:  Easter. 
I seriously dropped the ball with Easter pictures this year.  Traditionally, Easter is when I get the kids all new Sunday clothes, and when I take their cute, good, pictures for the year.  Um yeah, that didn't happen, not even close.
Easter was Conference Sunday this year, so I lost my motivation to buy new church clothes.  I couldn't find a cute dress for Mary to match Molly's new dress, and the boys didn't need new clothes.  Because we didn't go to church, they didn't get dressed up on Easter, so I didn't get any pictures.  Parent fail.  oh well.  There will be plenty of opportunities...just not on Easter this year.

We did have a great Easter though.  We colored the eggs, the Easter bunny came and hid the eggs and filled the kids baskets with fun stuff for our upcoming trip.  Conference was wonderful!  We heard from our new prophet, President Nielson.  He announced the combining of Elders Quorum and High Priest group.  He announced new temples.  We got two new apostles, and all of the talks were wonderful.  I love General Conference so much.  The kids did great, and listened, or played quietly.  That was a first, and is was awesome!



Molly got an Easter dress, but only because I ordered it like 3 months ago. 

 

I took this the week before Easter, does that count as an Easter picture?
And that's it for the randoms.

No comments: